No announcement yet.

Cuban Fighters are Overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuban Fighters are Overrated

it seems these fighters are getting praise more for potential then actual achievements

let's start off with Gamboa a career filled with tune ups and journeyman who even then he struggles to beat and gets knocked down on his a$$ by them
    his best career win is probably 11 losses salido

then we have Lara......he fights Carlos Molina (hadn't fought in 2 years prior) and gets a gift draw...he gets robbed of a win over a past prime williams...then goes on to draw with vanes.....

Rigo is probably the most overrated he went life and death vs cordoba and got rocked by a prospect........best win is rico ramos
    Last edited by MVOLT; 12-27-2012, 05:22 PM.

Originally posted by MVOLT View Post
    it seems these fighters are getting praise more for potential then actual achievements

let's start off with Gamboa a career filled with tune ups and journeyman who even then he struggles to beat and gets knocked down on his a$$ by them
    his best career win is probably 11 losses salido

then we have Lara......he fights Carlos Molina (hadn't fought in 2 years prior) and gets a gift draw...he gets robbed of a win over a past prime williams...then goes on to beat vanes.....

Rigo is probably the most overrated he went life and death vs cordoba and got rocked by a prospect........best win is rico ramos
    Very true, Lara leading the pack and that speaks volumes in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      i think rigo fans are the most rabid and delusional.....donaire being reluctant to fight him has helped the hype generate

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        I think Gamboa leads the pack, followed by Rigo and then Lara. They might be over-hyped, but not overrated. They are clearly skilled/talented boxers with amateur experience. They still have ways to go before their pro accomplishments match their hype, but the potential is there. They all have the potential to be at the top in their respective divisions, just gotta continue receiving the opportunities to prove themselves.

Comment

I agree they are probably more praised on potential but come on there is no doubt ''11 losses'' is #1 in his division and most of those losses came at the start of his career, way before his prime. Lets not forget how he whooped Barros when he was undefeated and very hot at the time and toyed with Solis, making him look a complete bum. He has other very solid wins including Ramirez & the severely underrated Ferenas.

You've totally exaggerated everything tbh such as Rigo went life and death with Corboda - He beat him as good as anybody ever has in only his 7th/8th pro outing! Corboda is no bum!

Whether you like it or not these Cubans are as skilled as any other nationality and they're here to stay and have some tremendous talent coming through. The problem is you clearly do not appreciate high level technical boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I think Gamboa leads the pack, followed by Rigo and then Lara. They might be over-hyped, but not overrated. They are clearly skilled/talented boxers with amateur experience. They still have ways to go before their pro accomplishments match their hype, but the potential is there. They all have the potential to be at the top in their respective divisions, just gotta continue receiving the opportunities to prove themselves.
            could be I just feel Lara already has proven fights and heading to more bigger fights where gamboa is still fighting journeymen and such.

Comment

there is alot of work in order for a fighter to adapt to the pro ranks after a long amateur career. but when you have a great amateur career you have so much to build on. rigo is extremely skilled but it still takes time for him to adjust to the pro ranks and while he does you need to be patient.

i cant stand when ppl go on about how fighters struggled or got hurt by low level fighters. that happens to damn near everyone, anyone can get caught and anyone can have an off night. ANYONE. hopkins lost his first fight ffs.

nobody is saying these guys are complete, ppl are saying IF they can adapt to pro boxing and keep improving they can become great fighters. they arent there yet though, but nobody becomes great over night even with a great amateur background.

they arent overrated, you ppl just need to understand the concept of progress.
              Last edited by #1Assassin; 12-27-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

i coudl write a book on how and why Cuban boxers are some of the best boxers in the world.

Comment

and im not even Cuban, or hispanic, im 100% American white boy.

Comment

Lara is the most overrated of them all.

Comment

Working...
                    X