No announcement yet.

strengthining knees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strengthining knees

my knees are shot man. i can slip punches anymore bend them how i want to or be light on my feet like i used to be. what the **** happened. i took a two motnh layoff and my **** wnet to dirt man how can iget them back? when i bend one a sharp pain shoots thru the front of it. its like they rusty or something man smh plase hep how can i get my legs back?

stop jumping rope for alittle bit try a very light bike ride the day after putting alot of stress on your knees and quit running down hill of it you dont want to start by runnning at a sliglt grade and work your way up to steeper grades if you feel the constant need to break slightly its to steep and bad for your knees

though i dont know if you jump rope or run down hill but stop for alittle bit and try riding bike but nothing intense just a nice stroll once a week on perhaps a rest day or before a rest day.

Comment

take vitamins, do light work diff exercises, eat proper, and stretch at the beginning.

Comment

omg i had the exact same problem, i went to my doctor about it and he said that to counterbalance this you've got to strengthen your quads. Riding a bike is perfect, expecially when riding uphill.

Anyway i followed his advice and i no longer have that sharp pain that shoots through my knee when i bend it.

I hope this helps

Comment

DO NOT DO ANY RUNNING. Try a stationary bike for a couple weeks or swmming. DO NOT RUN FOR NOW, it will only get worse.

Comment

Marlin26 with all due respect, your doctor is wrong. Im surprised you did quad exercises and they helped your knees. Did you specifically isolate the quads? I'm assuming you did other leg work as well because what stabilizes the knee and has more say in knee positioning and function are the hamstrings. This I know due to multiple meniscus tears and requiring surgery. the hamstrings are what helps strengthen that whole knee area in general. I'm sure you can find additional info online. A great exercise to do are calf raises, squats (lightly, till you can push yourself further), split lunges and a light bike ride. Hope this helps. Stay up.

-Ace

Comment

Don't know about strengthening your knees specifically but look into some wrestling workouts both in weights and calisthenics . Many of those will greatly improve your squatting stamina and help you change levels quickly while remaining balanced.

Comment

Stationary biking is a great way to put your knees under repeatedly-steady pressure thus making them stronger. Though be careful with the "heavy" kind of training, you don't want ****ed up knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Dutrey View Post
                  Marlin26 with all due respect, your doctor is wrong. Im surprised you did quad exercises and they helped your knees. Did you specifically isolate the quads? I'm assuming you did other leg work as well because what stabilizes the knee and has more say in knee positioning and function are the hamstrings. This I know due to multiple meniscus tears and requiring surgery. the hamstrings are what helps strengthen that whole knee area in general. I'm sure you can find additional info online. A great exercise to do are calf raises, squats (lightly, till you can push yourself further), split lunges and a light bike ride. Hope this helps. Stay up.

-Ace
                  no i did'nt isolate the quad. i also worked to keep my legs balanced, i dont like the idea of one muscle being stronger than the other, its my belief that the body should work as a whole so i try my best to strengthen all muscles.

Comment

also i cant get any lift off of it or twist my back knee when throwing the right hand

Comment

Working...
                    X