Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All These people who quit their jobs and travel the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
    well i think u posted on my other thread. i do bdm work and one project was to get this one companies social media marketing ramped up. so I'm on their twitter, IG, fb, accounts daily trying to help blast them. but i do got to come into their headquarters office like once or twice a week for meetings and to give reports and presentations so even that gig for example i'd not be able to just pick up and fly around the world or whatever in case they wanted me to come in.
    Oh yea I remember you bringing that up now.

Sh^t bro that might be your gig to travel the world right now. I mean minus the company you are currently working for anyway. I'd expect you could find many companies that would hire someone doing the same gig & would be perfectly fine with requiring you to "attend" meeting via Skype or other such apps.

Obviously would have to find them & get them on board with your plan, which is easier said then done, but that seems like something doable.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
      Some of the jobs :
      Food or travel blogs for newspapers..
      teaching English in foreign schools too..
      Good one. From my understanding of how this works anyone who can speak English who's not borderline ******ed can potentially get this sorta gig so virtually anyone would be qualified to do this with whatever schooling or skills you currently have now.

Then while you are doing this aboard you could probably upgrade your skills & find a more exciting gig you could do on your own nomad-style at some future date to get around to more countries when the teaching English gig ended or you got tired of it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        hot trustfund girl next door type *****es who dont want to work should be starting travel channels on their dime in hopes of eventually paying for it with their earnings from views and sponsorships...if it fails, so what, you still go that trustfund...
        so you saying they making enough money from their travel channels like on youtube? or sponsorships? i know some sponsorships take care of all their travel expenses which is freakin sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          if by "quitting their jobs" you mean "funded by family money" or "funded by a rich, older man," then yeah, happens all the time

don't buy into the fake lives people generate on the instagram, television, etc. if you really want to travel the world you can, but get ready to eat ramen and cans of tuna fish on the boat you live on. my father lived on a boat in the summer, and in a cabin in vermont in the winter for nine years in his 20's, but he also worked his ass off in sales to have the money to make the trips and take the time off from working.
          thats what i thought since most of the ones doing this are attractive white women so i assume their daddies be ballin hard and they living off that or some rich older white man baller who just flies them out everywhere all while claiming they some fake travel channel host or something right?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Single people without kids. If all you have to worry about is covering your own ass, then it makes it a lot easier to live like a nomad. No wife or girlfriend to ask you "when you coming back?". It also helps to have a safety net, I imagine many of these explorers can fall back on family if things get rough. Or, they have a specific skill that allows them to jump back into earning an excellent wage like a lawyer, doctor, engineer, etc. Then, the opposite can also be true. If you have nothing, and can earn a living working small jobs and hustler here and there, you can travel on a shoestring budget and pick up odd jobs here and there. You won't be staying at any Marriotts while abroad, but it doesn't cost anything to camp out somewhere or shack up in a hostel for a few bucks.
            i guess that all makes sense but when u see their posts they are usually at some fancy resort. meaning either the resorting is comping them to help promote them right?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              Some of the jobs :
              Food or travel blogs for newspapers..
              teaching English in foreign schools too..
              Do travel blogs really pay them well though? i wish we had someone on here who can actually verify that at least.

Comment

Some people work and save money. I've known people who work like crazy, quit their jobs to live in some country temporarily and then go back home and start working again only to save and travel more.

However, most of the travellers I meet who are younger than 30 are hipsters with rich parents who are funding their "discover myself" phase. They brag about that **** on social media as if they actually paid for the trips themselves.

I respect and admire the former, the latter just irritates the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  Some people work and save money. I've known people who work like crazy, quit their jobs to live in some country temporarily and then go back home and start working again only to save and travel more.

However, most of the travellers I meet who are younger than 30 are hipsters with rich parents who are funding their "discover myself" phase. They brag about that **** on social media as if they actually paid for the trips themselves.

I respect and admire the former, the latter just irritates the hell out of me.
                  You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Willy Wanker again.

Exactly bro! Nothing worse than a spoiled rich kid flossing on social media the things their parents paid for as if they paid for it themselves.

I knew this LA chick who used to do this HAM on social media always trying to punk all of her followers and then a few people tried to call her out on it and in the end two things either happened. one she was completely faking the funk and using fake pics or two her parents cut her off completely so she had to get a real job in the end lol.

yeah i'm kinda like that first group but i never really got to travel as much as i wanted too since i've been in management for the last 10 to 15 years so all of my jobs required me to have short vacations and soon as I got back to the office all hell broke loose while I was gone so it was never a peaceful relaxing experience anyway just stress to more stress.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    Do travel blogs really pay them well though? i wish we had someone on here who can actually verify that at least.
                    Not that I know precisely their pay but some of the pats are pretty decent and if your article gets selected as a restaurant review feature in magazines, then you get recognition.. but it's a modest pay to live somewhere you want to.. they are not high paying for sure.. but if your reviews are considered valuable you get invites to a lot of fancy places to dine in..

Comment

Working...
                    X