Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Porter/Thurman the best Welterweight fight since Mosley/Oscar 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be a lot better had it been two bonafide elite welterweights, but the division is pretty dormant and both are unproven.

But it was a pretty exciting fight to watch

Comment

It was too sloppy to be a truly great fight. I enjoyed it but people are going a little overboard on how good it is.

Comment

Wouldn't go that far but it was a Exciting fight

Credit should be given to Thurman because chosen to engage and not just clinch up and hold which seems to be the most effective style to neutralize Porters Football/Wrestling style

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
          Best in years imo.........but is it the best since then?
          Floyd/Maidana I, JMM/Pac IV, and Cotto/Margarito I were better imo, but this falls in 4th behind that.

~wraps

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Floyd/Maidana I, JMM/Pac IV, and Cotto/Margarito I were better imo, but this falls in 4th behind that.

~wraps
            Floyd Maidana better than Bradley Ruslan??

Comment

Bradley-Provo immediately popped into my head.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Floyd Maidana better than Bradley Ruslan??
                To me it was no question.

Bradley/Ruslan was a great fight, that would probably be #5 after all I listed, maybe 6, if I give it some thought.

Doesn't top Maidana/Floyd I though, Maidana had all kinds of momentum, and was ahead on many cards through round 6, Floyd hadn't looked that vulnerable in a long time.

Everyone was expecting Ruslan to be Ruslan, and the fact that Bradley had a chip on his shoulder going in, made for a great war because Bradley came in determined to prove a point, but the narrative of that fight wasn't as special in the moment or impressive as what Maidana came to do against Floyd.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

~wraps
                    Thurman/Porter was like a sloppier, closer Mayweather/Maidana.

Comment

It was a really good fight but I didn't really feel it was a great fight like people are making it out to be.

Best Welterweight fight in the last 16 years? What?!?!

Comment

Working...
                      X