Primo
    Guru
    Pete Rock

Large Prof
    OC
    Spoonie G
    LL
    Cormega

I just wanted to see how many of them I know.

Comment

going even further:

masta ace
      onyx
      jean grae
      afrika bambaataa
      kool moe dee
      melle mel
      marley marl
      biz markie
      mobb deep
      kurtis blow
      slick rick
      epmd
      chuck d
      pharoahe monch
      prince paul
      redman

the list goes on and on

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6
        eh. i can name some down south ppl u dont know. hell i can name a **** load of them

i'm not throwing out a ton of obscure names here. these are all fairly prominent artists with the exception of a few. trust me i could name 50 more artists that you've never heard of...but if you listen to a general stretch of each coasts music then you should have heard of about 70% of these artists.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo
          i'm not throwing out a ton of obscure names here. these are all fairly prominent artists with the exception of a few. trust me i could name 50 more artists that you've never heard of...but if you listen to a general stretch of each coasts music then you should have heard of about 70% of these artists.

hmmmmmmmmm nope. i can also like i said name ppl that r popular DOWN here that u wouldnt know

Comment

hmmmmmmmmm nope. i can also like i said name ppl that r popular DOWN here that u wouldnt know

pour le example?

Comment

pour le example?

hell dude in my avatar. im sure u dont know who big tuck is now do u.

Comment

The south has plenty of great artists, but the East is where it begins and ends.

Add:

Camp Lo
                ATCQ
                Boot Camp Clik
                De La Soul
                Talib Kweli
                Mos Def
                The Roots

Bahamadia
                Primo
                Guru
                Pete Rock
                Large Prof
                OC

Spoonie G
                LL
                Cormega

etc etc etc

As much as I love southern rap...it doesn't do it for me (well most of it) like right coast does.
                I knew all those guys...

About that 'screwed & chopped' little bit I said earlier, I know the South invented it but it just seems like that idea is really looked upon as a great idea in the south but in the east that idea looks like pure ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'
                  I knew all those guys...

About that 'screwed & chopped' little bit I said earlier, I know the South invented it but it just seems like that idea is really looked upon as a great idea in the south but in the east that idea looks like pure ass.

hell screwed and chopped music sells alot down south. they jus pissed cause they didnt think of it first

Comment

hell dude in my avatar. im sure u dont know who big tuck is now do u.

i have seen his name before...probably when i was browsing through mixtapes or something. my boy is friends with a dude that runs one of the biggest mixtapesites on the net. i think i have seen this dude featured on a song here or there...with chamillionaire or somethign. i have never listened to any of his work though. i assume he's from texas.

Comment

lol, the east coasts version of screwed and chopped is looked upon as ass...i dont know how many people were complaining about how **** that juelz santana song was.

Comment

Working...
                      X