Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could rewrite Boxing history, what would you change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could rewrite Boxing history, what would you change?

1. Roy Jones never goes back down to 175 and instead fights Lennox or Tyson at heavyweight.

2. DLH fights winner of Cotto-Margarito instead of dropping down to 145 to fight Pacquiao.

3. Paul Williams, Edwin Valero, and Diego Corrales never buy bikes

I'm not into revisionist history but, I guess two things;
    -May/Pac fight in 2010.
    -Byrd didn't stop Ward/Kov 2 when he did, so that Dre could properly drop Kovalev and give the haters fewer excuses.

Comment

- I'd force Mayweather to fight Pac when Pac was prime, instead of ducking him until he was washed up

- I'd force Mayweather to fight prime Cotto, Kostya Tzyu, Margarito, Paul Spadafora, non ancient Mosley, Hatton at 140, Paul Williams..basically all the fighters he ducked

- I would prevent Martinez/Cotto farce match from happening. Cotto getting that belt from a cripple and then ducking GGG turned the division into a mess and created the whole bs feud with SMW Canelo

- I wouldn't allow RJJ to move up in weight

- I'd keep Mike Tyson's trainer alive for 10 years more

- I'd have made Ward/Kov 1 in a neutral venue with neutral judges, same for the rematch. and replaced Kovalev's trainer with an actual trainer instead of a traitorous rat selling secrets to the enemy.

- I'd prevent Vitali from injuring himself in the Byrd fight, drastically changing his future as a fighter, we'd be taking about Vitali's reign as kingpin instead of Wlad's

Comment

100% agree on Roy staying at HW. Would also add:

- Meldrick Taylor allowed to continue (and thus getting the victory he EARNED against JCC)
        - Mike Tyson stayed hungry after Spinks victory
        - Ike Ibeabuchi doesn’t go insane

Comment

Floyd fights PAC in 2010/1, and also fights Mosley at 135, Freitas, Casamayor, Paul Williams, Martinez. Wins against Castillo, DLH, and Maidana I reversed.

Liston would be allowed to beat Ali and do so.

Erase Pac's robberies vs. JMM I, Bradley I, Horn.

Ward is DQ'd against Kessler, Kov, and the rest of his dirty wins.

Robinson fights Burley, Holman Williams, Jack Chase, Zale.

LaMotta vs Zale, Graziano.

Holmes vs Foreman.

Comment

Force these foreign fighters that come to America to fight our top fighters.
            Sick of them ducking our top fighters but are willing to fight our B and C level fighters!

Comment

Roy Jones staying at heavyweight instead of his drop back to 175. May vs Pac in 2010. Ali not missing 3 years of his prime. The judges getting it right for Mayweather vs Castillo 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                100% agree on Roy staying at HW. Would also add:

- Meldrick Taylor allowed to continue (and thus getting the victory he EARNED against JCC)
                - Mike Tyson stayed hungry after Spinks victory
                - Ike Ibeabuchi doesn’t go insane
                Ike Ibeabuchi.....what could have been!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  -Byrd didn't stop Ward/Kov 2 when he did, so that Dre could properly drop Kovalev and give the haters fewer excuses.

Yes!!!!!!!

Comment

Mike Tyson never gets mixed up with Givens/King and sticks with original management team and Kevin Rooney.

Comment

Working...
                    X