Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'll Pay Wilder $5M to Fight Anyone He Wants Next in N.Y.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Team Wilder wanted U.S. and Showtime PPV... Hearn wanted U.K. and DAZN...
    ... Showtime is a US broadcaster; saying US and Showtime PPV makes no sense. If Joshua's camp had accepted the offer, the American fighter would've had the fight on his broadcaster in the US and the British fighter would've had the fight on his broadcaster in the UK.

Eddie Hearn's offer, if that was truly the offer, cut Wilder's broadcaster out of the deal.

It'd be almost as if Team Wilder said here's the $50m, the fight will be on our preferred broadcaster, Showtime , in the US, but the deal also calls for the UK rights to be given to Dave in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
      I just want to see the fight why hearn didnt just negotiate a percentage is beyond me

how is wembley stadium all of a sudden an option for aj pedvtkin on sept 22 or 29th when hearn said its not available for wilder so that's why it couldn't be next since aj wanted it specifically at wembley?
      A great question to ask, especially knowing that Showtime was never going to put a 2pm fight on PPV, and that the 29th date would push the event passed the Alvarez-Golovkin 2 re-air (likely leaving the 29th free for a Showtime day/night event, competing only against college football).

Comment

• 15m flat fee seems like a bull**** offer.... if it was say - 15m + us tv rights, wilder should probably jump on that

Comment

• Originally posted by Tutsa View Post
          If I was DW I would ask my team and big Al how the **** dud they come up with 50 million so easy but only pay me 1-2 million a fight . Say what you want about hearn but his fighters and the challengers get paid D. Jacobs , Tony B. , Parker ... Ec It , not even talking about AJ .
          Have no doubt in my mind that Haymon/Finkell/DiBella have let Wilder know the obvious; Wilder-Joshua brings UK Sky Box Office money, draws a sizable investment from MGM Resorts, Showtime's backing for the PPV.

Deontay Wilder already made a guaranteed $2m+ for the Ortiz fight (likely made much more when everything was counted), so let's be honest here.

Another 1-2 $2m+ paydays, and Showtime is basically in a spot where Wilder is either only fighting on CBS ($4m seems to be the guaranteed money available for the main event) or SHOPPV (basically when Wilder's purse is a minimum of $4m guaranteed)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Have no doubt in my mind that Haymon/Finkell/DiBella have let Wilder know the obvious; Wilder-Joshua brings UK Sky Box Office money, draws a sizable investment from MGM Resorts, Showtime's backing for the PPV.

Deontay Wilder already made a guaranteed $2m+ for the Ortiz fight (likely made much more when everything was counted), so let's be honest here.

Another 1-2 $2m+ paydays, and Showtime is basically in a spot where Wilder is either only fighting on CBS ($4m seems to be the guaranteed money available for the main event) or SHOPPV (basically when Wilder's purse is a minimum of $4m guaranteed)
            This is so pathetic, clowns like you are the reason Wilder ducked Joshua and refused to sign despite Joshua signing

When will idiots like you realise to become the a side you need to beat the a side

Floyd did it that way by taking a smaller cut and beating oscar

I guess wilder only wanted his name out there

Comment

• Is the $50M for real because of Joshua and Wilder is $5M max only without Joshua on the other end!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                did they say where the 50 million dollars where coming from?
                HBO and Showtime always guarantee the purses for major PPVs. Showtime was guaranteeing the 50 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingfan8888 View Post
                  This is so pathetic, clowns like you are the reason Wilder ducked Joshua and refused to sign despite Joshua signing

When will idiots like you realise to become the a side you need to beat the a side

Floyd did it that way by taking a smaller cut and beating oscar

I guess wilder only wanted his name out there
                  Yeah Mayweather took a % like almost every other B side fighter in a big fight

The fact Hearn only offered a flat fee let’s you know he didn’t want the offer to be accepted butnWilder called his bluff so Hearn ran to the WBA hoping they could save face for him and AJ because Hearn never wanted this fight in 2018

Comment

... Showtime is a US broadcaster; saying US and Showtime PPV makes no sense. If Joshua's camp had accepted the offer, the American fighter would've had the fight on his broadcaster in the US and the British fighter would've had the fight on his broadcaster in the UK.

Eddie Hearn's offer, if that was truly the offer, cut Wilder's broadcaster out of the deal.

It'd be almost as if Team Wilder said here's the $50m, the fight will be on our preferred broadcaster, Showtime , in the US, but the deal also calls for the UK rights to be given to Dave in the UK.

Espinoza confirmed on Twitter that Wilder has no contract with Showtime.

If Wilder signed the contract, Showtime just had to put up more money than HBO or DAZN to get the fight. That is not cutting them out of the deal.

Presumably Joshua DOES have a contractual obligation with Sky. So your analogy doesn't work.

Comment

Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko split an alleged $50m for their fight; Joshua and Povetkin will likely be splitting a pot less than that.

Still, Anthony Joshua is on the money, fighting anyone that he wants, in a soldout stadium in the UK with a pot of at least $35m against anyone.

The point that folks forget, though, is that Deontay Wilder was Anthony Joshua's only path to growing his pie beyond that basically hard $45m cap. No one is going to care if he fights Jarell Miller (and the US boxing press won't let him live down backing out of the Wilder fight), and Fury looked so terrible in his fight that I doubt the US will care about him much either.

As talented as he is, talk of Anthony Joshua being the first billion dollar basically ends without the Wilder fight, and that's pretty clear; settle into being a European star who fights on DAZN (for the few US fans who will pick up the platform for matinee boxing) and enjoy being the new Felix Sturm.
                      Do you really think the American press presides over the world? No one here cares about that American press I can assure you. Just like no one over there cares about the British press who are criticising Wilder.

Secondly a Joshua/Fury fight would end up making more money than a Joshua/Wilder fight, so Joshua is in a good position. Especially if he continues fighting, so far at half of Wilder fights he has achieved a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X