Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have one last question to you guys about the Rigo vs Loma fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    When did solido take him to Lala land? Did you even see the fight? Loma took him there in the 10th round. Only thing solido did was a full out assault on his nuts.
    He got that boxrec knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      He can do whatever he wants in other fights because the guys were levels below him. The same way Donaire was levels below Rigo and couldn't do Jack **** against him. He just fought a better fighter, nothing wrong with that. But the way he quit, that's the real issue.
      You didn't answer my question

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        He got that boxrec knowledge.
        Matrix Salido!!

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          You didn't answer my question
          That's a question only the fighter could answer for you. It was clear after a couple rounds he couldn't do what he was used to doing against inferior opponents. Same as GGG steamrolling lesser guys, when the competition gets tougher, so do the fights and it's not easy to do what you found so easy against b or c level guys

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            That's a question only the fighter could answer for you. It was clear after a couple rounds he couldn't do what he was used to doing against inferior opponents. Same as GGG steamrolling lesser guys, when the competition gets tougher, so do the fights and it's not easy to do what you found so easy against b or c level guys
            We're talking about the first seconds of the 1st round and then the entire fight. Loma wasn't doing anything to Rigo in the first round, he was just moving to his right and Rigo was just doing opposite of what he does usually. This is one technical detail and as I said there were many, which made it much easier for Loma.

Comment

We're talking about the first seconds of the 1st round and then the entire fight. Loma wasn't doing anything to Rigo in the first round, he was just moving to his right and Rigo was just doing opposite of what he does usually. This is one technical detail and as I said there were many, which made it much easier for Loma.
              Round 1 was nothing more than a feeling out round for both guys. Maybe Rigo thought he could prove something and knock the guy out by standing his ground and trying to time Loma and catch him. Who knows man, not every fight plays out the same

Comment

There are a lot of excuses like the weight, he got scared, he hurt his hand, he was old, he sold the fight and so on and so forth.

My question is this: Rigondeaux has shown in his entire career great footwork including lateral steps, pendulum steps, jump back steps, left and right turns/pivots, feints, half steps, etc. He's shown this in his sparring, he's shown this when he hits the mitts, even in his training 2 days before the fight he showed all these characteristics that made him who he is/was.
                In the fight though, he didn't show any of these characteristics that have made him who he is now and that's why it was so easy for Loma to outbox him and so frustrating watching it. Let's say the weight slowed him down, let's say his reflexes weren't there anymore, where did his skills go? I am not even talking about punching.
                It's very simple, Loma neutralized his footwork with his own outstanding footwork. The same Floyd did Manny. Everyone was saying before the fight Manny had better footwork but Floyd completely neutralized it with his footwork. Manny couldn't get into position to get off his combos.

Comment

There are a lot of excuses like the weight, he got scared, he hurt his hand, he was old, he sold the fight and so on and so forth.

My question is this: Rigondeaux has shown in his entire career great footwork including lateral steps, pendulum steps, jump back steps, left and right turns/pivots, feints, half steps, etc. He's shown this in his sparring, he's shown this when he hits the mitts, even in his training 2 days before the fight he showed all these characteristics that made him who he is/was.
                  In the fight though, he didn't show any of these characteristics that have made him who he is now and that's why it was so easy for Loma to outbox him and so frustrating watching it. Let's say the weight slowed him down, let's say his reflexes weren't there anymore, where did his skills go? I am not even talking about punching.
                  A big part to your answer is that it's not easy to do some of the fancy things against other elite fighters.

In no way do I compare myself to rigo or loma, I'm just talking about my experience, when I did amateur boxing.
                  If I was up against average boxers in sparring or in a match, guys who were slower and less technical, I was able to fight with a more relaxed guard, and easily was able to evade most punches with head movement and could land my counterpunches and get out fast enough.

As soon as I started competing on a higher level, many of those things didnt work that well anymore.
                  I had to put on a tighter guard, my opponents began to have faster footwork, punches and skills. And if you ever had to fight against someone with really fast footwork, you would know that it is very difficult to get in range or just keep in in terms of in and out movement.

Rigo is an elite operator, but his last good opponent was against Donaire nearly 5 years ago.
                  A part had to do with his age and with the added weight, but Loma had faster foot and hand speed and brought the right ingredients to counter rigos sharpshooting boxing style.
                  Someone who relies on footwork and handspeed wont have an easy fight, if he is fighting against someone with faster footwork and handspeed.

Comment

Rigondeaux put on a performance Bermaine Stiverne would be proud of... He gave it a go in the first round and when the ref took way his hold and hit strategy he went into cruise control.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      When did solido take him to Lala land? Did you even see the fight? Loma took him there in the 10th round. Only thing solido did was a full out assault on his nuts.
                      Of course he didn't see the fight. He wouldn't even know how to correctly analyze it anyway. Isn't he from Turkey? What does anyone from Turkey know about Boxing at all?

Comment

Working...
                      X