Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who deserves to be in the top ten p4p and who should be ranked higher? Thurman or GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who deserves to be in the top ten p4p and who should be ranked higher? Thurman or GGG

I'd like to know everyones opinion...GGG has a fight with Canelo looming and Im sure Thurman will fight Porter or the winner of Brook/ Spence next

both have are unified titlist in their respective divisions and should be considered # 1 until they are beaten.

discuss!!!!

shocked the usual suspects haven't flooded the thread...I see 16 views though...looking with your looking azzes lol

Comment

GGG is higher than Thurman only because he recently beat the 2 guy, Jacobs. Thurman is right there though and once he beats the winner of Brook-Spence, it will be neck and neck.

Comment

That's the same thread actually.
        https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=746645
        Different names, but the point remains
        The fact is, the manner how a fighter gets the win matters too, that's why boxers like Crawford and Golovkin are higher on p4p lists, not to mention that they're dominating their divisions
        Damn why we talk about that? Rigondeaux is still on p4p list based only on eye test and the fight that happened 4 years ago
        Last edited by g27region; 05-23-2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
          That's the same thread actually.
          https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=746645
          Different names, but the point remains
          The fact is, the manner how a fighter gets the win matters too, that's why boxers like Crawford and Golovkin are higher on p4p lists, not to mention that they're dominating their divisions
          Damn why we talk about that? Rigondeaux is still on p4p list based only on eye test and the fight that happened 4 years ago
          rigo is a great fighter with piss poor promo...takes nothing away from his formidable skills

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
            GGG is higher than Thurman only because he recently beat the 2 guy, Jacobs. Thurman is right there though and once he beats the winner of Brook-Spence, it will be neck and neck.
            I think they are close but I put Thurman slightly ahead....he unified his belts in the ring....Beating Danny Garcia is better than anyone GGG has faced...Garcia is underrated and has a better resume than 90% of active guys today and Thurman clearly beat him....Porter is prime and top 5..hell on wheels for anyone...add the guys on the lower level...I have him slightly ahead

also if they were the same size, I think Thurman beats GGG...of course GGG's power, jab, and body shots would be dangerous but Thurman can box, bang, fight inside, survive, has shown this....haven't seen it out of GGG often enough to "know" he can dig deep.

Comment

Id have Thurman ahead of GGG right nos. I could careless abt eye test. For me, P4P is what have u done lately. Thurman beat Porter and Garcia. If GGG beats Canelo he will move ahead of Thuman

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                I think they are close but I put Thurman slightly ahead....he unified his belts in the ring....Beating Danny Garcia is better than anyone GGG has faced...Garcia is underrated and has a better resume than 90% of active guys today and Thurman clearly beat him....Porter is prime and top 5..hell on wheels for anyone...add the guys on the lower level...I have him slightly ahead

also if they were the same size, I think Thurman beats GGG...of course GGG's power, jab, and body shots would be dangerous but Thurman can box, bang, fight inside, survive, has shown this....haven't seen it out of GGG often enough to "know" he can dig deep.
                Good post. I'm a huge Thurman fan and i think he is the best WW in the division. I also think he doesnt get the credit he deserves.

I agree, Thurman beats GGG if they were the same size. Thurman is too mobile and he throws some hard shots, he's just a great boxer all around. GGG is good but i'm not a huge fan of the guy but a guy like Thurman is rare and thats what it would take to beat him imo

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  rigo is a great fighter with piss poor promo...takes nothing away from his formidable skills
                  See, you prove me right

And I don't deny his talent but the fact remains....The current era is so weak that you have a fighter who's on p4p list based on the fight that happened 4 years ago. And that's his only relevant fight

So it's not always about resume

Even if Thurman has better resume, fans still place Golovkin and Crawford higher on p4p list, because of the eye test and because of the way they dominate their weight classes and that's it

See, Nonito Donaire has great resume and he will probably end up in Hall of Fame. Rigondeaux is superior talent, he took Donaire to school, no competition....but it's not likely he will be hall of famer. And that's disappointing as ****. It's not because fighters of this era are not that good, it's because current circumstances of boxing game doesn't give talents the opportunity to shine
                  Last edited by g27region; 05-23-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    See, you prove me right

And I don't deny his talent but the fact remains....The current era is so weak that you have a fighter who's on p4p list based on the fight that happened 4 years ago. And that's his only relevant fight

So it's not always about resume

Even if Thurman has better resume, fans still place Golovkin and Crawford higher in p4p list, because of the eye test and because of the way they dominate their weight classes and that's it

See, Nonito Donaire has great resume and he will probably end up in Hall of Fame too. Rigondeaux is superior talent, he took Donaire to school, no competition....but it's not likely he will be hall of famer. And that's disappointing as ****
                    ...its based off wins over Donaire, Agbeko, Ramos, dude is always dominant, and was a great amateur......one fight doesn't define this guy...come on bro....this guy was ducked worse than any active fighter today...Frampton and LSC fought each other twice but both swerved him

either he should move to 126 or retire...122 is no mans land.

Comment

Working...
                    X