No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko was a top 5 P4P fighter BEFORE his loss to Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    I never had him top 10, he was a product of size and a weak division.
    Agree on the weak division, disagree on the size. I had him around 7 or 8 pfp if I recall

He is bigger than most of his opponents, but that's part of "talent". He's very coordinated for a big man, fast and good punch technique. He used his length well.

I wont talk about his 1-2, clinch technique, but yeah, its cheating.

BUT, he lacked a resume. Not his fault, he didn't duck anybody, but you can only be ranked as high as your resume takes you.

Yeah, he dominated HW for years (after his setbacks. But, what was his best win? Haye? Peter?

That's not top pfp. That will get you around 7 or 8.

Comment

He was rated #2 by the ring at the time of Mayweather-Pacquiao, but some people forget that he slipped several positions after the Jennings fight. (to somewhere between 5-10, can't remember). Other lists did the same.

I guess some thought he was slipping even before Fury. But I thought pushing him down several spots after the Jennings fight was too harsh. A worse decision then removing him from the list for losing to Fury.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 04-18-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

no, he was stumbling around and hugging overmatched nobodies in one of the worst division in the history of the sport. the guy had been sliding for literally years. fury jerked around the ring like an epileptic, landed 3 punches per round instead of 1, and was awarded the meaningless HW championship of the world.

Comment

I never had Wlad anywhere near that distinction p4p. I question whether he should ever have been p4p at all.

Comment

Working...
          X