Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't these millionaire boxers get English lessons?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't these millionaire boxers get English lessons?

Really, Sascha Baron Cohen killed it for anyone speaking broken English. Especially eastern Europeans.

Especially Mexicans! They dont learn the language of the neighboring country so I think the Mexicans are advantageous in this regard but many Mexican fighters dont speak english. Example: Saul Alvarez... also Russian fighters dont speak english! Example: Sasha Povetkin, Dmitry Pirog, Alexander Ustinov etc... English is very important in this age.

Comment

Cause what for? they millioniares they aint gotta learn shit

Comment

Maybe they don't want to? I've met plenty of wealthy English speakers who never bothered to learn a second language.

Comment

Originally posted by RuslanChagaev View Post
          Especially Mexicans! They dont learn the language of the neighboring country so I think the Mexicans are advantageous in this regard but many Mexican fighters dont speak english. Example: Saul Alvarez... also Russian fighters dont speak english! Example: Sasha Povetkin, Dmitry Pirog, Alexander Ustinov etc... English is very important in this age.
          i never understood that with mexican fighters...

i wonder if its a point of pride thing not to speak english if you are a mexican star athlete...

if you speak english you might be labeled a pocho or acting white...

i say its ok,

donald trump is president.

no offense.

Comment

What we really need is for these British fighters to respect the language when they come to fight in America. Leave your guttural c0ckneyed accents at home and stop making a mockery of the language that we in the states have worked for so long to refine.

Comment

Never understood why it bothered so many people that Mexicans fighters don't speak English.

Maybe it's because I understand them either way so it doesn't bother me, lol.

Comment

Tennis players tend to learn to speak unaccented English quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                  Really, Sascha Baron Cohen killed it for anyone speaking broken English. Especially eastern Europeans.
                  Same reason why Roy Jones Jr is likely never going to pick up Russian; learning a language late in life is hard as ****, a point that's made even more difficult by the circumstances that most fighters are born into (very few linguists choose to pick up boxing.

Saul Alvarez has spent enough time in the US that his English should be coming along by now, but that's about normal.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                    Tennis players tend to learn to speak unaccented English quickly.
                    Tennis players don't take repeated blows to the head.

Comment

Working...
                    X