No announcement yet.

Biggest threat to GGG from 154 to 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Well none of them are a threat genius a fly would probably be more of a threat than that entire list
    There is always a threat in boxing. Unfortunately you're too stupid to understand that

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      I don't think any of them are a big enough threat to him in order to put them at the front of the pack. If Lara was a bit more sturdy, I would say him but I can only envision him getting folded.
      This right here.

Their aint a challenge for him at either weight and mentioning 154 is laughable, even more absurd than the 155 League created by Canelo.

If he is to genuinely challenge himself he should do so at 168 I understand his and his teams reservations but he can't be considered great until he has challenged himself and actually fought a live dog opponent not completely wrote off before the gloves are laced.

I enjoy watching GGG fight but I switched off interest wise well before the Geale fight when I realised the guy does not belong at this weight and should clearly be campaigning at 168. I don't see how this scenario is any different to that of the 160 JCCJ coming in like a cruiser weight only GGG has fearsome boxing skills and does not need to rely solely on his size to overcome his opposition when his skills fail him like JCCJ's did when he faced his first live dog in Martinez.

Of course this presents us with the argument some of his opponents have in fact weighed more than him and some have even missed weight themselves but the fact remains he is still a far more superior boxer to these dudes he is facing and is far more skilled than anyone with maybe the exception of Lara whom can't take a solid did at 154 let alone a guy clearly belonging a weight above 160.

Lara is the best option off of the list but it would not be competitive when GGG caught up with him around 4-5 rounds in, another glorified mismatch in the waiting just like the ppv Lemiuex fight, I'll take a pass on the GGG fights until he moves up to 168 and challenges the contenders and title holders.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        There is always a threat in boxing. Unfortunately you're too stupid to understand that
        A Dummy calling stupid what a joke

Comment

why 154 and not 168?

Comment

I would like to see them all. In boxing you never know and GGG has yet to fight top shelf talent so who knows if he will destroy them as so many think.

Comment

For me it's Canelo. He's calculated, packs a good punch, and has a sturdy chin. I still think GGG wins, but Canelo has the best chance to win IMO

Comment

I think it's Alvarez. Biggest potential wild card is Andrade, who seems to have ridiculous talent but has kind of screwed himself lately. It's hard to know based on is competition just how good he is. He may be good enough to beat Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  A Dummy calling stupid what a joke
                  Apparently punctuation and sentence structure is a joke to you too.

Comment

Working...
                  X