No announcement yet.

Steve Zouski really KO'd only once?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Zouski really KO'd only once?

I remember commentator saying before Tyson bout, that Zouski is most proud of the fact of never being knocked off from his feet. After Tyson KO, he had 3 TKO losses, but I watched both vs Plooy and Foreman and in both ref stopped the fight Zouski standing up.

I couldn't find any info on the Pritchard fight, anyone know about this?

18 losses (8KO) is quite remarkable if he only ever really was knocked out
    once.

EDIT: Found article of the missing Pritchard Zouski fight: https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/109945038/

CHICAGO Louisville heavyweight James Pritchard stopped Steve Zouski with a fourth-round technical knockout in their scheduled 10-rounder last night at Melrose Park's Sport Center. The referee stepped in after Zouski (24-17-0) suffered a broken nose and a cut under his right eye. . Pritchard (18-1-1) was in control throughout the fight and was unmarked. There were no knockdowns, but Zouski was hurt in the second round in a fight that was termed a slugfest. Zouski, who is from Milwaukee, lost a decision earlier this year to Jose Ribalta, who is ranked seventh by the WBC.
    He wasn't actually knocked out in that fight either. So Tyson was the only one actually knocking him out, Tyson and Morrison the only ones knocking him down.
    Last edited by jiopsi; 09-29-2016, 04:47 AM.

Didn't know him personally but did work against him a few times. He was out of the Petronelli Gym and a tough kid who had a decent left hook but not much power. He was matched by the fellow I worked for and he was granted a good beginning by him.
    Not sure I remember him KO'd he was stopped a number of times however.
    His record was built on the trialhorses from New England who were used to build just about every heavyweights record from 1976 through 1984.
    If your a tough kid whose willing to give a good account of yourself you will find better paying fights than 6 & 8 round semi's. He did just that!

Ray.

Comment

He received quite a few beatings, even before the Tyson fight but I don't remember going down much. I personally don't know about that Pritchard bout though I remember many of their other bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Didn't know him personally but did work against him a few times. He was out of the Petronelli Gym and a tough kid who had a decent left hook but not much power. He was matched by the fellow I worked for and he was granted a good beginning by him.
        Not sure I remember him KO'd he was stopped a number of times however.
        His record was built on the trialhorses from New England who were used to build just about every heavyweights record from 1976 through 1984.
        If your a tough kid whose willing to give a good account of yourself you will find better paying fights than 6 & 8 round semi's. He did just that!

Ray.
        Interesting to know, yeah you got that feeling from him that he gave more than the usual train up fighters. Got face mushed up mostly before he got KO'd.

Only thing I found in the Pritcard fight was that referee stopped it 1:28 which suggest no real KO. And only KD (other than Tyson) I found was against Tommy Morrison.

Comment

Found article of the missing Pritchard Zouski fight: https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/109945038/

CHICAGO Louisville heavyweight James Pritchard stopped Steve Zouski with a fourth-round technical knockout in their scheduled 10-rounder last night at Melrose Park's Sport Center. The referee stepped in after Zouski (24-17-0) suffered a broken nose and a cut under his right eye. . Pritchard (18-1-1) was in control throughout the fight and was unmarked. There were no knockdowns, but Zouski was hurt in the second round in a fight that was termed a slugfest. Zouski, who is from Milwaukee, lost a decision earlier this year to Jose Ribalta, who is ranked seventh by the WBC.
          He wasn't actually knocked out in that fight either. So Tyson was the only one actually knocking him out.

Comment

Working...
          X