Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Roy Jones get humbled after getting knocked out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Roy Jones get humbled after getting knocked out?

Jones seems somewhat subdued when he's commentating HBO boxing matches. I wish he talked more than Jim Lampley and Max Kellerman; he knows more boxing than the whole HBO crew combined.

Yes.
    46.15%
    No.
    7.69%
    Probably.
    23.08%
    I don't know.
    23.08%

he was old. imagine pac moving back down to 130

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
      lol huh? ..........

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
        Okay... I understand but did getting stopped humble him? Back in the day he was cocky as hell.

Comment

As far as his commentating? Best way to form an opinion is to listen to Roy commentate pre Tarver II. From what I remember; yes, he seemed less demonstrative after he was knocked out. Understandably I would say, but it's not like he would shy away from themes related to his situation. Always a man about his business.

Comment

He's earned millions, is regarded by some as the best boxer of his era, and has accomplished more than most boxers dream of. He has children, and he has more than likely slept with more beautiful women than he can remember.

If he turned humble over the years, maturity is the answer, not getting knocked out when he was past his prime. Regarding his work on HBO, it could just be a loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              Okay... I understand but did getting stopped humble him? Back in the day he was cocky as hell.
              No I dont think so, listen to his old comments on HBO BAD and WCB in the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                He's earned millions, is regarded by some as the best boxer of his era, and has accomplished more than most boxers dream of. He has children, and he has more than likely slept with more beautiful women than he can remember.

If he turned humble over the years, maturity is the answer, not getting knocked out when he was past his prime. Regarding his work on HBO, it could just be a loss of enthusiasm.
                Well said. This seems like what it is.

Comment

Time humbles everyone. Imagine an old man with a cane thinking he can do anything. Aging humbles most people. Most of his ranting came with harmless statements like "Pensacola in the house". His prefight stuff was hardly trash talking. In my opinion, he earned the right to be C0cky after being robbed in the Olympics. He is one of my 4 favorite fighters of all time. Fact is, fighters with his skills and abilities come along only a few times every quarter century. In his prime, he was more than just special.

Comment

Roy is good but he's too pro African American. He needs to be more professional and not be biased.

Comment

Working...
                    X