Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to find, kill, clean and skin your own game would you still eat meat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    I think I'd get spotted with a quick draw, where as if I see them coming in I can draw and wait for a shot without moving too much. I dunno, it'll be tough...
    All about timing my friend. Of course your not going to draw when all the birds are facing you..or look skittish. Pick out the best one in the group or just wait till the one you see alone isn't facing right at you. Make sure your up wind of em also.

If you get one with a bow, you will have done something I haven't.lol

Comment

Id probably raise some chickens and train to chase down deer with a spear.

cleaning and skinning i don't for see as a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
        Assuming that factory farming is done away with in the next few years and access to cheap meat products is a thing of the past. Most of you are modern day soft ******* with no skills in procuring the necessities of life. You are just passive consumers living an absentminded life in the hopes that the system that feeds you never breaks down.

But lets say it did.

Do you learn the way of hunter? Or would you just go vegetarian?

Me?

I think I'd still eat meat, but probably the way it was always intended to be eaten, that is to say with much less frequency.

Maybe once every few months to six months I'd go out and bag myself some raccoon or possum.

Outside of that, it'd be pure veggies and grains.
        You are unconvincing, you suburban middle class tosswit.

Comment

All you do is steep it in salt water for 24 hours I think then it's good to go

Comment

True story......

I went to this pig farm where my brother in law wanted to buy a pig for Christmas.

This old man killed, bled and cleaned the pig right in front of us. I have to say, it was brutal but it didn't stop me from eating that next day.

I don't know how to kill an animal properly but if I learned and was put in a situation where I had to, to survive, of course I would be able to.

The screaming of the pig was not good though.........

Comment

I have and I did and still do

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                True story......

I went to this pig farm where my brother in law wanted to buy a pig for Christmas.

This old man killed, bled and cleaned the pig right in front of us. I have to say, it was brutal but it didn't stop me from eating that next day.

I don't know how to kill an animal properly but if I learned and was put in a situation where I had to, to survive, of course I would be able to.

The screaming of the pig was not good though.........
                the one in the glades? I been there many times.

You know what?

The pigs from Sedano's taste better, actually way better.

Comment

I slaughtered and cleaned and roasted a pig once.

I'd do it again if I got the chance.

With chickens? I've lost count how many times I've done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    the one in the glades? I been there many times.

You know what?

The pigs from Sedano's taste better, actually way better.
                    Damn homie, you know the deal. I keep forgetting you are from South Florida. My brother in law knows the dude and he gets a hook up.

Old man just stabbed the pig under the arm, straight into the heart. Cut his bladder out and then bled the pig. It was tough to watch but I could do it if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                      Assuming that factory farming is done away with in the next few years and access to cheap meat products is a thing of the past. Most of you are modern day soft ******* with no skills in procuring the necessities of life. You are just passive consumers living an absentminded life in the hopes that the system that feeds you never breaks down.

But lets say it did.

Do you learn the way of hunter? Or would you just go vegetarian?

Me?

I think I'd still eat meat, but probably the way it was always intended to be eaten, that is to say with much less frequency.

Maybe once every few months to six months I'd go out and bag myself some raccoon or possum.

Outside of that, it'd be pure veggies and grains.
                      Hunting's easy,skinning is a bit tough when you skin a buffalo or an elephant or hippo otherwise most of these animals I can skin them and eat them.I would never be a vegetarian,that's for sissies

Comment

Working...
                      X