Sudo Turns Down Rematch With Bang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudo Turns Down Rematch With Bang

From MMAWeekly

Duane "Bang" Ludwig was on MMAWeekly Radio last week and when asked about a rematch with Genki Sudo, Ludwig said "I would love to give him a rematch. He deserves it, but he doesn't want to fight me."

When we asked a few more people it appears this is true. MMAWeekly.com has had it confirmed from Japan that Sudo was indeed offered to fight Ludwig, but did not accept the fight. Sudo's camp wanted him to have a new opponent for his return to the Octagon.

Sudo will most likely be apart of the UFC 47 fight card in April. UFC 47 has signed Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Liddell and Tim Sylvia vs Andrei Arlovksi on the card.

I don't beweave it.

Comment

it makes sense. ludwig is badass. good decision on sudo's part. he does'nt want to lose. he wants someone else so he can get used to the octagon again. he needs a brush up fight. something to prepare him for the rematch.

on a side note, can't wait to see tito drop bombs on liddell and can't wait to see the sylvia and arlovksi fight. to be honest, there is no way i could predict how that fight will go. i want arlovski to win. both are top fighters and got good game, knock out power and are preaty quick for their size. its gonna be brutal!

Comment

Sudo got robbed the first time......

Comment

sudo was controlling the fight up until the end. that was pretty clear from everyone. with that in mind, why would he need a brush up fight??? especially when he just got done defeating a superheavyweight.

Comment

good idea for sudo to not fight Ludwig right away
            Hopefully after he gets a win thier will be a rematch

Comment

boxers obviously don't stand much of a chance in a mma fight. thats been proven time and time again. sudo beat butterbean by a toehold. not saying that just anyone can, but it was a toehold nonetheless. even at that, duane has improved his game tremendously since that fight and THAT has been proven. i just think sudo wants a brush up fight. duane aint 300lbs of straight boxing... hes a very quick, 155lb, kickboxing, leathal weapon. hes top of his class in his style, sudo is great, but he is'nt top. just an opinion, and of course this can be argued all day long coz thats all these are...... are opinions. but i think in a rematch... ludwig would do alot better than their last fight since all he has been fighting since has been stand up matches. he just took home the ISKA belt and has been way more active than sudo since that fight. sudo needs more work, as duane, since their fight, has had nothing but work.

i hope this makes some sense as to why sudo might need a "brush up" fight.
              if not, **** you.

Comment

I thought Sudo won that fight even with Bang's late rally after McCarthy erroneously stood them both up. Sudo was controlling most of that match, and he was pounding the **** out of Bang just before the cut stoppage.
                Anyway, this argument can and will go on forever, like you said. The only way to make amends for it is for both to go at it again.

Comment

He may not be completely healed from the stabbing and could still be strengthening the muscles. Butterbean was a spectical most people including Genki didnt take seriously.

Comment

When will Ludwig be back?

Comment

Working...
                    X