No announcement yet.

Fedor Vs Tim July 19th!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedor Vs Tim July 19th!!

Anyone else heard this rumour? I so hope it's true, however i do wish Fedor would fight someone decent soon....

Oh, it's tim Sylvia by the way, I ****ed up the thread title...

Yea I heard that rumor, Its defininately a step up for Fedor as compared to recent competition. Tim is and has always been a top ten hw contender when he isnt champion so people cant say that Fedor is takin an easy match but I do think Tim will lose quickly by submission

Comment

Randy's thoughts on the fight, from fightline.com

Randy Couture sat down with FightHype.com to discuss his thoughts on potential the Fedor Emelianenko - Tim Sylvia fight. His thoughts below:
      “… we’ll see what happens. I think it’s going to be an interesting fight. Fedor just fought a pretty tall opponent in Hong Man Choi, so obviously he’s been in that mode of dealing with a guy that size, but I think Tim is a little more seasoned fighter than Hong Man has proved to be. But Hong Man wasn’t easy so it will be interesting to see how Emelianenko deals with him and a pretty good indicator for me, having just fought Tim this last year, as to where I stand and how things might go if I finally get the chance to fight Fedor.”

Comment

You can tell that he thinks Tim has no chance and I like Tim but I really want to see Fedor wipe the floor with Randy

Comment

This should be a good one, Tim is the bigger opponent but Fedor just handled a beast of an opponent his last match-up, and the clear view of this is Fedor will come out victiorious but I think Silvia will give him a bit of trouble unlike Fedor's previous opponents. Fedor has faught some great fighters including Nog 2 times, Randleman, Mark Hunt, Cro-Cop so it's not like he's faught nobody's, but this is his best opponent of late so he should get more recognition at the end of it

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
            This should be a good one, Tim is the bigger opponent but Fedor just handled a beast of an opponent his last match-up, and the clear view of this is Fedor will come out victiorious but I think Silvia will give him a bit of trouble unlike Fedor's previous opponents. Fedor has faught some great fighters including Nog 2 times, Randleman, Mark Hunt, Cro-Cop so it's not like he's faught nobody's, but this is his best opponent of late so he should get more recognition at the end of it
            he has fought good opponents like 4-5 years ago.

Comment

That's cause when Pride got bought out, he went to different organizations, and what known name could he have possibly faced for everyone to say that he beat? No one really. Also when I posted that, I meant that people can't say that in his career he didn't face good opponents not now. Everyone knows that he hasn't faced anyone good in a while

Comment

its hard 2 pick pride fighters 2 win now-a-days, some have done great by changin up their routines from pride, Rampage for one has done excellent after moving over 2 the UFC.
                Anderson Silva was from CageRage i believe when Pride was bought out so i don't consider him Pride.
                Wanderlei,Shogun,Herring,and CroCop have not been Impressive since comin over 2 the UFC.
                for some reason i picture Fedor amongst them CroCop's Group when it comes 2 fighting the UFC fighters.
                Fedor will Probably train the same way he does for every opponent thats he's ever faced lately (all freakshow fights)
                an Tim will be training like its the fight of his life(pretty much is) an will come into the fight in shape an should have a great gameplan set, while Fedor will just wing it like he did against Choi & Lindland.
                I'm Goin 2 have 2 go with Tim Sylvia in this fight, either by doctor stoppage or TKO since it seems the old Sylvia is around for now.
                If Fedor wins though i'd b happy he actualy fought a Top 5 HW for the first time in 2-3 years.
                peace.

Comment

I like this match up. I see Fedor wining by Sub but it wont be a walk through.

Personally i think this is kind of a bad move on Fedor's part, as a fan of both fighters im over joyed to hear this fight is gonna go down but image if Tim wins, (which he very well could, he does have a punchers chance) would make Randy look really good dont you think? And that big money fight would seem alot less appealing.

In my opinion Fedor has alot more to lose.

Comment

This is no walk over but Fedors allround game should be too much for Tim, Fedor will sub him at some point but i think it will be a good battle if they stand for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X