No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Collazo Knocks Out Sammy Vasquez With Huge Right Hand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
    He lost by 15 points to Khan ffs. He's trash.
    Hasn't been champion in what, 11 years?

Put him in against someone like Brook and he doesn't make it past the 2nd round.
    Amir's only losses came against Danny Garcia, Canelo Alvarez and Presscot, he didn't lose to Peterson.

So you can't be serious saying that, being honest to me Collazo is the kind of guy who stays there beating everyone but top fighters. He ain't no bum, not top but a decent fighter.

Comment

Khan is an excellent fighter at WW? News to the world.

I just assumed he would be remotely competitive in the fight.
      Khan is undefeated at WW, just ofr the record.

Comment

Stick a fork in Sammy he's done, I don't think he fully recovered from that Diaz beating.

Comment

Originally posted by dookie View Post
          Shawn would be out for awhile if he fights Collazo next, that was a decent sized cut over Collazo's eye it'll take some time to heal.

I figured Collazo would win cuz he's not a gatekeeper yet. He's a tweener not like Roberto Guerrero. Collazo will beat the 2nd tier guys coming up but 1st tier guys will beat him.
          That is the definition of a gatekeeper, actually. That's why he and Guerrero actually are gatekeepers, not "tweeners." Yes, they are right in between being elite boxers, and being total bums at the top level. And that in-between space is exactly where gatekeepers reside. Until they can actually beat top guys, they are just gatekeepers.

But at least Collazo has some pop. Hurt Thurman bad. Knocked out Vasquez and Ortiz (whatever). But at least he has that. Collazo vs Guerrero would actually be a good fight. But if I had to see one fight top guys at this point, I'd rather see Collazo. At least he has a tiny puncher's chance, even though he's not a huge puncher either. But he can punch SOME at 147. Guerrero hasn't shown an ability to hurt anyone at all at 147.

Comment

Khan is an excellent fighter at WW? News to the world.

I just assumed he would be remotely competitive in the fight.
            Maybe not excellent, but he is top 10 by The Ring..so..

Comment

Sammy is a nice guy but have pulled for Collazo for many fights for some time now.

Comment

Working...
              X