No announcement yet.

Acceptable Opponents For GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I'd prefer if he fought Lee or the winner of Lemieux v N'jikam.
    I think it'll be the latter particularly if N'Dam wins. Lee is with Di Bella, who is working closely with Haymon these days so maybe a question mark as to whether he would go on HBO.

Comment

Our friends here better make a list with the fighters who would wish to fight Golovkin next...

... Well: we only do have Lara on that list...

(Forget about Ward: he said he needs 2-3 tune-ups...)

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        make a list with the fighters who would wish to fight Golovkin next...
        No-hopers such as Lara, Tureano Johnson, & Sergio Mora have expressed interest. David Lemieux seems eager to exchange.

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        OP you need to scratch all the Haymon fighters off your list.
        Quillin lost his belt so if Golovkin is able to unify by scooping up the IBF & WBO belts, then I can see Quillin vs GGG for the vacant WBC title. Overly optimistic?

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Man, you've listed a heck of a lot of SMWs and it is clear GGG isn't moving up.

Cotto and Canelo are very very unlikely for this year as you think so too.

I'd prefer if he fought Lee or the winner of Lemieux v N'jikam.
        So the consensus is that he should target the other beltholders at 160. Cotto is vacating that belt, he'll relinquish it or lose it to Mayweather/Canelo. Canelo is HBO's cash cow, do you believe they'll let him in with GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          I think it'll be the latter particularly if N'Dam wins. Lee is with Di Bella, who is working closely with Haymon these days so maybe a question mark as to whether he would go on HBO.
          Could be, it would still be better than the Monroe's and Stevens of the division. A time will come, by mid 2016, when GGG will be done with any legitimate challengers (hopefully Lee will have fought him by then as well) and if Cotto is still champ and Quillin is still holding onto relevancy, there is no way those guys will be able to get away from GGG.

Comment

Working...
          X