No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez, Chavez Returns in Play, Rematch in The Mix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez, Chavez Returns in Play, Rematch in The Mix

Although there are a lot of obstacles to overcome before it happens, WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs) could very well defend his title against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32 KOs) in a rematch next fall - according to multiple sources who spoke with BoxingScene.com.

They clashed on September 15 at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. The event itself was one of the most successful shows of the year. The fight broke the attendence record at the Thomas & Mack Center with 19,186 seats, eclipsing the prior record of 19,151 for the Lennox Lewis vs. Evander Holyfield rematch. The HBO pay-per-view numbers were equally impressive. The event was able to exceed expectations by generating an estimated 475,000 pay-per-view buys and $24 million in revenue. [Click Here To Read More]

All Roads Leads to Chavez JR.

El Vaca De Dinero.

Comment

they're going to promote the rematch off of one round. whatever, it's another nice paycheck for martinez. at least they're giving chavez jr a fight before the rematch too. it gives him and his stupid ass fans hope/confidence he's some kind of "beast" again. hopefully they get a solid MW for martinez in early 2013. i still hope there's a possibility for a mayweather, cotto, or alvarez matchup after his fight in argentina though, and this isn't a done deal if both win their next fights.

Comment

Make it happen, Sergio utterly destroys Chavez this time and drops him early.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
          they're going to promote the rematch off of one round. whatever, it's another nice paycheck for martinez. at least they're giving chavez jr a fight before the rematch too. it gives him and his stupid ass fans hope/confidence he's some kind of "beast" again. hopefully they get a solid MW for martinez in early 2013. i still hope there's a possibility for a mayweather, cotto, or alvarez matchup after his fight in argentina though, and this isn't a done deal if both win their next fights.
          You sound like a HATER!

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
            All Roads Leads to Chavez JR.

El Vaca De Dinero.
            Macklin will beat Chavez so it doesn't, Macklin is a true contender and strong, he is a better boxer then Chavez too. So it looks like Mack Martinez in the fall of 2013

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post

How are his fans "stupid asses"? He lost to a boxer ranked top 5 P4P and #1 in his division. I'm sure you were one of the idiots that thought Chavez was going to get "Williams'ed" and nearly **** your pants in the 12th round when your God got dropped.

Comment

I'm happy that there isn't an immediate rematch. Chavez/Golovkin is the fight that I desperately want.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed
                  Make it happen, Sergio utterly destroys Chavez this time and stops him early.
                  There you go.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Maklin/Chavez is a good match up.

Comment

Working...
                    X