No announcement yet.

Will Wilder Price Himself Out Again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Wilder Price Himself Out Again?

So we all know after the Takam fight, AJ came out and said "I want the other two belts out there, whether it's Wilder first or Parker."

Barry Hearn met with Shelley Finkel on 29 November to begin negotiations for the Joshua-Wilder fight. But Wilder then came out a few days later on the 4 December and said to ESPN "It will be 50-50 or else we don't see a fight. If they want to use splits, not to make a fight happen, then so be it. It is not like I am asking for more, I'm saying this is a 50-50 fight and that's how it is." Which ended all negotiation as its clear he was pricing himself out.

Wilder has recently changed his stance in numerous interviews stating he will take whatever split is offered as long as the split is reversed in a rematch if he wins. Will he stay true to his word? Or will he price himself out again?

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
    So we all know after the Takam fight, AJ came out and said "I want the other two belts out there, whether it's Wilder first or Parker."

Barry Hearn met with Shelley Finkel on 29 November to begin negotiations for the Joshua-Wilder fight. But Wilder then came out a few days later on the 4 December and said to ESPN "It will be 50-50 or else we don't see a fight. If they want to use splits, not to make a fight happen, then so be it. It is not like I am asking for more, I'm saying this is a 50-50 fight and that's how it is." Which ended all negotiation as its clear he was pricing himself out.

Wilder has recently changed his stance in numerous interviews stating he will take whatever split is offered as long as the split is reversed in a rematch if he wins. Will he stay true to his word? Or will he price himself out again?
    He'll take the fight when it dòes big business in the US, same as Joshua. All this ducking talk from the Wilder camp is a smoke screen, hype Wilders name off Joshuas. "This dude scared of our dude". Its all bull****, theyre all in it for money

Comment

Yes

He will suck Joshua again by asking for a stupid amount of money

Then he will yap in the press

Comment

Wilders biggest purse was a 7.2 million dollar purse SPLIT!! that he got 5 million of in court battle against povetkins promoter.

Regardless of if the fight even went ahead, that was his guaranteed purse, from a purse bid his side LOST!!!

Why does a man deserve more than 40% of a split that is worth around $40 million plus against AJ.. when his highest purse represents less than 20% of that figure, in a purse bid his own team lost?

They overpaid martin with 5 mil for the IBF title, he was the A-side against klitschko, they even stated they overpaid parker in this fight because commercially it made sense for the future and in negotiating power.

Why on earth, with 3/4 belts, the huge revenue stream he commands versus the paltry viewership figures and numbers that wilder brings in, should AJ give him any more than 35% like he did for parker.

Absolutely idiotic to think otherwise.

Comment

Because Wilder fight is for the undisputed legacy match. Deontay is the only man holding joshua from achieving that dream.
          A Wider/AJ fight will bring in the most revenue and if Joshua is too greedy to settle for more than 65% thats just ridiculous.
          Its a huge money fight either way you look at it. I mean cmon how many millions do you really need if its gonna bring you the legacy that you have been after.
          Or will he stop trying 3/4 of the way their cause hes a greedy man?.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
            Because Wilder fight is for the undisputed legacy match. Deontay is the only man holding joshua from achieving that dream.
            A Wider/AJ fight will bring in the most revenue and if Joshua is too greedy to settle for more than 65% thats just ridiculous.
            Its a huge money fight either way you look at it. I mean cmon how many millions do you really need if its gonna bring you the legacy that you have been after.
            Or will he stop trying 3/4 of the way their cause hes a greedy man?.
            never seen anything with any substance or from AJ himself that states he wants more than 65%.

Hearn might be slippery and contradictory some times, but i dont think AJ would give a flying **** if the end purses were a 60-40 split. whether wilder DESERVES that percentage is a different matter

Comment

Lets say aj fought wilder last night and won... Would everyone be saying that because parker has the last belt he had the right to command a figure of 40-50% based on his commercial revenue streams and brand marketability?

Heres a short answer.... Naaaaaaah

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                never seen anything with any substance or from AJ himself that states he wants more than 65%.

Hearn might be slippery and contradictory some times, but i dont think AJ would give a flying **** if the end purses were a 60-40 split. whether wilder DESERVES that percentage is a different matter
                Well make this fight happen cause im sure i heard Deontay would take 40% and im sure theirs room for negotiations.

Comment

Working...
                X