No announcement yet.

Roy Shaw, Lenny Mclean, Bartley Gorman.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onecupofcoffee
    i my self have seen footage of shaw and lenny not gormanand can say easy enough that lenny was the guvnor an all round fighter gorman was a straight up fighter and shaw was after all looking for the limelight after all the time spent inside as it is shaw and lenny fought "three"times the first lenny not being used to gloves and surprised by shaw's strength lost out not knocked out mind then the 2nd and 3rd times lenny made no mistakes and knocked shaw about like a dolly no matter how tall what you weighed with gloves or not you faced the opposition to win if you lost at least you had a go and as for not fighting gorman well he would only do so bareknuckle and time andplace it just never happened and besides gorman was beat up bad once buy a mass of people at a race course and put paid to any honest fight with anyone after even though the person responsible for that beatin got his comupence ......respect to all past bareknuckle fighters
    I'm not sure i agree with you on some things. Shaw said his wife could have knocked him out in the rematch with Mclean, he said he didn't want to go into details, but it was something to do with his suppliments. He offered to fight Mclean on more than one occasion after their 3 fights, one was on the Gary Bushell show on tv. Mclean said he was too old, but Shaw pointed out that he was older than Mclean, when he first fought him.
    Last edited by paul750; 01-08-2006, 01:14 PM.

Comment

hey, how about sharring some of these fights

a pm with a link would be cool

Comment

Shaw says that he finished his career beating a guy called Kevin Paddock, who had beaten Mclean, so Shaw finished his career being the true guv'nor, because he beat the man who beat the man.

Comment

Lenny McLean's last fight

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...S1KIBTPFDEMRSY

Lenny McLean vs Unknown Opponent

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...K2TL5GDJYVH82P

Roy Shaw vs Donny Adams

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...B07CIIM4U2S58O

Roy Shaw vs Lenny McLean II

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...23RGWGDTO1MMMI

Roy Shaw vs Lenny McLean III

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...61QLPCUMC6WUSJ

I'll try and upload some more later

Enjoy!
          Last edited by tntkid; 01-10-2006, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Read their books and know them personally.
            Adios.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDADDYBUNCE
              Read their books and know them personally.
              Adios.
              What do you think of them Steve, and who do you think is telling the truth in their books? who was the best in your opinion?
              Last edited by paul750; 01-13-2006, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Bump for Buncey!

Comment

Originally posted by paul750
                  Cheers man.
                  I've read Lenny's book and thought it was a good read... Snapshot of 'old london'

Would love to see some footage too so share if you can please guys...

Comment

Originally posted by solo1bc View Post
                    I've read Lenny's book and thought it was a good read... Snapshot of 'old london'

Would love to see some footage too so share if you can please guys...
                    Ive seen alot of mcleans and shaw`s fights and its a hard call to say whos better. Mclean is the better fighter bare knuckle and shaw with the gloves, they where both bad ass fella`s no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                      What do you think of them Steve, and who do you think is telling the truth in their books? who was the best in your opinion?
                      I have read both books and I believe that Shaw's book is more truthfull.

Lenny's book had some things I would find hard to believe. Going head to head with members of the IRA and things of that nature. According to his book, he was supposed to fight Mister T at one point.

I liked Shaw's book as he never made himself out to be superhuman, beating up 10 and 20 guys at a time but he did go into detail on what a nasty Bastard he was and not just with his fists but with a blade or a lead pipe.

I guess the last time he was jailed was due to some young punk pulling road rage with him when he was in his sixty's. He picked on the WRONG senior citizen that day.The guy is still a scary sight these days, he is still a mountain of nasty Muscle.

Comment

Working...
                      X