Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL at the noobs here who think Uzi v Plant was legit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a few things that made me wonder. Let's just say Uzcategui didn't look like the same fighter that fought Dirrell.

There was one sequence where Plant leaned to the right and Uzcategui got ready to throw an uppercut. Plant didn't move and Uzcategui threw the punch with a lot less on it. Almost like he pulled the punch. It just looked odd.

Not saying it was a fixed fight but it made me wonder if there was something off about Uzcategui.

A fight could be fixed at any level so it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
      If there was a fix, Jose wasnt in on it, with the right hand in the 10th
      Yeah he obviously didn't get the memo. I don't know why he would fix the fight, how does this benefit him? He can do what Degale did and give the title up, that way he doesn't have a L on his resume, but to go through training camp to lose the title in the ring like that doesn't and wouldn't make any sense. He hurt Plant several times and Plant did well to cut it down.

Comment

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
        I actually won money on Plant but the shít still feels fugazi tbh. First, the odds were basically flipped on it's head within a day of being released, which never happens. 2nd, OP is making valid points on how Uzcategui fought this fight. 3rd, let's not forget the PBC actually had a fixed fight in it's conception with Broner-Molina, where Molina decided to throw like 10 punches the entire fight. This is 2nd PBC show on FOX and in the first card, 2 of their stars got exposed, one lost and the other should have lost. Maybe Caleb didn't know, but maybe Uzcategui knew a little something.. This is boxing, let's not act like these accusations are so far-fetched.
        It was just too obvious bro.

They may be able to fool some casuals(which are most guys here)but the way Uzi fought the whole fight was way too suspect. Plant imo had no idea So can’t blame him.

Uzi literally was letting his shots go like he was sparring just to touch plant and the few times he landed with decent snap he proceeded to pull back as to not fuucckkk up and accidentally hurt plant like in the 10th.

They made Uzcategui an offer he couldn’t refuse plain and simple.

Comment

Maybe he didn't throw enough punches because plant didn't allow for much openings to land and Uzcategui was afraid of the counters that put him on his ass before...?

Boxing is not just throwing punches and not throwing punches, there is way more to it. Same reason why Broner is often afraid to throw

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Yeah he obviously didn't get the memo. I don't know why he would fix the fight, how does this benefit him? He can do what Degale did and give the title up, that way he doesn't have a L on his resume, but to go through training camp to lose the title in the ring like that doesn't and wouldn't make any sense. He hurt Plant several times and Plant did well to cut it down.
            Cmon man if your 40 yrs old you should know how it works.

This boxing a fighter has to eventually lose when getting paid off he’s not just gonna vacate a title lol it benefited him in that the offer they made him earned him more money than if it was legit cmon bro it’s not difficult lol

And uzcategui was the easy choice for pbc because he won’t ever be a money maker for them he’s Venezuelan those guys have zero fanbase and despite relocating to Mexico it didn’t matter Mexican didn’t follow him for ****ttt.

Now pbc can feed Caleb to Benavidez who that’s who they really wanna promote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Nothing would surprise me in boxing, but why would Uzi blatantly give away his own title?
              Dude hasn't made over 200k in the last 2 years with 6 kids. Has a manager who fixed fights before in Gibbons. Could've been blackballed by Haymon on some "If you wanna actually make money, I need a favor"

I'm not saying I believe for sure it was fixed, but there's a lot of things that point to it being shaky if you put 2 and 2 together. It's not like he is a name, I hardly saw any of him in those PBC All Access shows when I had it on.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                It was just too obvious bro.

They may be able to fool some casuals(which are most guys here)but the way Uzi fought the whole fight was way too suspect. Plant imo had no idea So can’t blame him.

Uzi literally was letting his shots go like he was sparring just to touch plant and the few times he landed with decent snap he proceeded to pull back as to not fuucckkk up and accidentally hurt plant like in the 10th.

They made Uzcategui an offer he couldn’t refuse plain and simple.
                The more I look and think about it, they put the pressure on Uzcategui to throw the fight. Too many coincidences, and the fight itself says a lot. I'm with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  Haha, Too many racists in here. Plant won fair and square. Uzcat didn't want to open up in case he got caught on the counter and got dropped again. Or hell, even worse, get knocked out.

Plant showed heart tonight and deservedly won. After hearing his story, how can you not be happy for him? This was not a fixed fight. Wake up and stop with the bias because it didn't go your way.
                  Fixed that for you.

Comment

A work always ends in the first few rounds with a shady KO.

"Fixed" fights never go the distance LMAO. If it was "fixed", Uzi would have stayed down after the second knock down. That was a legit shot that would not have been questioned.

Too many variables in a decision to take that chance in a "fixed" fight. They always go to the KO.
                    Last edited by BWC; 01-14-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                      Hahahahaha

If your stupid enough to think it’s not then I tell you please go back to watching wwe boxing is not for you pal.

Unfortunately it happens all the time nothing new
                      Why didnt you make this thread before the fight? Since its so common and all.

Comment

Working...
                      X