Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite style of boxing and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy fighters who potshot for 12 rounds and win by UD. Why finish off an opponent who is clearly inferior when you can "school" them for 12 rounds and let the judges decide who wins.

Comment

counterpunchers

boxers

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        Blood and guts warriors. Fighters who come to fight, not run around in circles like sissies. I like to watch action, aggressiveness. Fighters who are willing to walk thru punches to throw their own bombs, that to me is what the spirit of FIGHTING is all about. That's what I call entertainment. This next Saturday I will get a big dose of that!
        Completely agree, those type of fighters get the most respect. They might not have the athletic ability or lack of self-pride to climb into the ring wearing a "tutu" like this guy.....

and dance his way to a stinker.

Now you must ask yourself if HE looks like a man who wants to dance ?...

i dont think so.

Comment

Slick fighters: like Floyd, Ali Raymi and Vlad

Comment

it's not a style. it's a man, baby.

joe frazier. are you f#Cking kidding me, smoke? that's how you fought? you f#cking rule.

Comment

Boxer/Puncher, with great ring generaship something like prime Miguel Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by YOKOMOHOYO View Post
                Tito's style/Mickey Garcia's/GGG/ Cotto

Guys who have some technique and can jab/box/hunt and hurt all at the same time.
                This. The boxer puncher style is my favorite.

Comment

There's not really one particular style of fighting I like because all good fighters should demonstrate a wide array of abilities and be able to fight in different styles. If I'm going to generalize for the sake of this thread I'd say (as much as I hate the term) "pure" boxers; footwork, defense, counter punching, timing. ect. Although I do love fighters that put a lot of emphasis on a sustained body attack because not too many fighters do today.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    There's not really one particular style of fighting I like because all good fighters should demonstrate a wide array of abilities and be able to fight in different styles. If I'm going to generalize for the sake of this thread I'd say (as much as I hate the term) "pure" boxers; footwork, defense, counter punching, timing. ect. Although I do love fighters that put a lot of emphasis on a sustained body attack because not to many fighters do today.
                    I'm gonna guess that Miguel Vasquez is your fav fighter? (or top 5 at least)

Comment

Inside fighters. I don't care if they're muggers like Ward or brawlers like Duran, I love watching fighters that can take an opponent apart at the closest possible range.

Comment

Working...
                      X