No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    Somehow you're putting all of this on Mayweather's shoulders as if he can snap his fingers and please all of the fans, well he can't. Do you even have any concept of what it takes to put on a big fight, all of the negotiations and posturing that's involved? What keeps fights from happening and fans unhappy? Promoters bro, promoters......

So although we are very emotional and enthusiastic about the sport, as we should be we're fans, the reality is that boxing is a business period. And the ones making money have no such emotionalism, all they see are numbers and the green that's attached to them.

To place blame solely on Floyd for fights not happening is to simplify a business model that's cold, calculating, and very lucrative......
    How was Oscar able to do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
      Post the last time Floyd let himself be weighed unofficially. I would love to see this 148 pounds you keep talking about
      Floyd was shredded at the weighin and he was like 146 or something. In the fight, he was heavier than that, at least 3 or 4 pounds heavier.

Comment

Oh, I get it. So along with making new drug testing rules, Floyd gets to make new weight rules.

I thought you guys had this cat as one of the greatest ever? How many of the greatest ever had to keep revising boxings rules?
        How many of the greatest ever were asked to fight a guy who comes in 4 weight classes higher than himself?

Comment

• Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
          No doubt it's harder to lose than it is to gain, but you are begging to fight a 147 pounder.
          Are you blind or just hopelessly fuking stupid??? So apparently a JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT UNIFICATION cannot be held at JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT???!!!!!!!

Comment

Somehow you're putting all of this on Mayweather's shoulders as if he can snap his fingers and please all of the fans, well he can't. Do you even have any concept of what it takes to put on a big fight, all of the negotiations and posturing that's involved? What keeps fights from happening and fans unhappy? Promoters bro, promoters......

So although we are very emotional and enthusiastic about the sport, as we should be we're fans, the reality is that boxing is a business period. And the ones making money have no such emotionalism, all they see are numbers and the green that's attached to them.

To place blame solely on Floyd for fights not happening is to simplify a business model that's cold, calculating, and very lucrative......
            how can u blame promoters? remember Floyd doesn't have a promoter - so he can truly make any fight he wants

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
              How many of the greatest ever were asked to fight a guy who comes in 4 weight classes higher than himself?
              They would be fighting at 154. What is this four weightclasses ****?

Comment

When you win a belt in a division, and hold on it,

you are obligated to fight the divisions best.
                He did good by winning the belt, but quit being ilogical. He could give that belt up. Belts mean nothing. But if he gave it up, you all would still say he should go and fight a big boy. He cant even make 54', and I think he is, and WILL be obligated to fight Pac, once Pac destroys Rios. But he's not obligated to fight Martinez and Canelo, when he weighs in at 152, and then come in at 148, and they come in at 169. Not right.

Comment

Its a lot like Floyd has been saying post Guerrero, now that Pacquiao has been soundly dispatched another stiff is needed to fill the role of Mayweather slayer regardless of the fact that the new slayer isn't seasoned enough, still there's this urge to see mayweather beaten. I get the sense that there are folks out there that would auction off their souls to Satan if they thought it would somehow lead to Mayweather's defeat.

Do me a favor. Get rid of your avatar and signature picture, pretending like you're some kind of a Boxing History section centenarian, when you're clearly some noob.

Agreeing with Floyd's logic is the lowest form of wit.

I used to defend Floyd around here, circa 2007-2008, when I was wet behind the ears, but even then I never defended his words.
                  Last edited by cupocity303; 05-11-2013, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Oh this is supposed to cover up Floyd's "I never use catchweights, I am not that kind of guy, I want a guy to come in the weight he is comfortable with" talk????? Man, fuking leave and save face.
                    Floyd is the main attraction. Why doesn't Canelo come down to 147 to claim the titles and props he craves? There's still time to make it at 154 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Do me a favor. Get rid of your avatar and signature picture, pretending like you're some kind of a Boxing History section centenarian, when you're clearly some noob.

Agreeing with Floyd's logic is the lowest form of wit.
                      Okay so I'm not going to do that, and as to pretending I'm the same poster I've always been. I'm just unwilling to engage in blind unreasoning fervor that's all.

Comment

Working...
                      X