Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skillwise, is Mikey Garcia better than Juan Manuel Marquez ever was?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia has skills no doubt, but only time I have seen him really tested he folded and found a way out

Comment

First, Mikey needs to step up his level of opposition in order to gauge just how good he really is. However, I will say against this current level opposition, Mikey does appear to be the more surgical of the two; Especially when it comes to defense, timing and precision. While on the other hand, Marquez is the better of the two, when it comes to countering in the exchanges and combination punching.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Jmm had that special factor about him, where when hurt he got better..I still remember the Salido fight with Mikey and doubt his heart
        For reals. JMM was more dangerous when he was hurt and that's one of the many things that I loved about him.

Comment

I like Garcia but come on bro dont be ridiculous.

Comment

Mikey aint faced a good enough opponent yet imo to compare.

Comment

He's better technically, but Marquez was a blood and guts warrior, many times he would have lost without that toughness and insane stamina.

Comment

I was not impressed with his last two performances. Marquez is a superior boxer. Fought much better opposition. He has a higher ring IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  He's better technically, but Marquez was a blood and guts warrior, many times he would have lost without that toughness and insane stamina.
                  Your saying Mikey is better technically than Marquez? Not at all. Marquez was one of the most technical fighters of the last 30-40 years.

Marquez had to go through so much just to get a title fight. Watch his fights from before he fought Pacquaio the first time. I remember being like the only JMM fan online in the late 90s/early 00s.
                  Last edited by chrisJS; 08-03-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Your saying Mikey is better technically than Marquez? Not at all. Marquez was one of the most technical fighters of the last 30-40 years.
                    Stfu man, wtf do you know. Marquez has been outboxed numerous times and his only chance would be a punchers chance vs Garcia because he'd be getting outboxed there too.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      Stfu man, wtf do you know. Marquez has been outboxed numerous times and his only chance would be a punchers chance vs Garcia because he'd be getting outboxed there too.
                      Only time ive seen him really outboxed was with Floyd..Garcia has never fought on Jmm's level

Comment

Working...
                      X