No announcement yet.

Name me a fighter who would beat Salidoe in his 2nd pro fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name me a fighter who would beat Salidoe in his 2nd pro fight

Since you hold this loss against Loma I would like you to name me a single fighter in history around featherweight who would be able to do better against Salido than Loma did in similar circumstances.

For example does Floyd Mayweather from the Reggie Sanders fight (his second pro fight) beat Salido in a 12 round fight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgCshY_8Huk

Mayweather lost a round against a 1-1 nobody LOL. He would get smashed by Salidoe. He left a lot of openings that a veteran like Salido would easily exploit. I got Salido by TKO5.

People don't give enough credit to Loma for his performance against Salido in his SECOND pro fight.
    Last edited by RedZmaja; 12-12-2017, 06:51 PM.

lol.

So you created this thread to what? down play lomachenkos lost?

Salido is a hard mother****er to beat, stop looking at the lost on lomachenko record like a black eye etc and look at it for what it is he got beat by the bigger, stronger, more experience, and hard to beat salido.

Lomachenko lost to salido deal with it.

Alot of fighters would lose to salido in their second fight.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
      lol.

Salido is a hard mother****er to beat, stop looking at the lost on lomachenko record like a black eye etc and look at it for what it is he got beat by the bigger, stronger, more experience, and hard to beat salido.

On the contary I give Salado a lot of credit. Maybe you should re-read what I wrote and try to understand it better.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
        On the contary I give Salado a lot of credit. Maybe you should re-read what I wrote and try to understand it better.
        what is understood doesnt need to be spoken. But you want to downplay the lost so you had to create this thread.

Comment

Considering Henry Armstrong the second best ever was like 1-3 and lost his debut it's tough to say.

Is it against a Salido that didn't cut weight, came in 3-4 lbs over, re-hydrated into a junior middleweight and throw close to 100 blows with no penalty?

If so perhaps nobody.

This place does however hate to see fighters challenge themselves and take risks. It's preferred to take the low risk/high reward route. I think he's getting **** for beating Russell against their predictions in fight 3 and then winning a second title against the dude who beat Salido in fight 7 not to mention upset their new boy toy Walters against their predictions in fight 8 and then in fight 11 beat the guy they said he'd suffer a broken jaw, multiple knowckdowns and quit against.

They'd rather he still be fighting Wilder level does until he was 40 fights in. That's real ambition not this screwing around fighting guys that will destroy you.

Comment

what is understood doesnt need to be spoken. But you want to downplay the lost so you had to create this thread.
            I put the loss in perspective. It was Lomachenko's second pro fight. Look at how horrible Floyd looked in his second pro fight. All that useless waving with hands around, the shoulder roll defense didn't look tight, he was getting hit by a bum...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Considering Henry Armstrong the second best ever was like 1-3 and lost his debut it's tough to say.

Is it against a Salido that didn't cut weight, came in 3-4 lbs over, re-hydrated into a junior middleweight and throw close to 100 blows with no penalty?

If so perhaps nobody.

This place does however hate to see fighters challenge themselves and take risks. It's preferred to take the low risk/high reward route. I think he's getting **** for beating Russell against their predictions in fight 3 and then winning a second title against the dude who beat Salido in fight 7 not to mention upset their new boy toy Walters against their predictions in fight 8 and then in fight 11 beat the guy they said he'd suffer a broken jaw, multiple knowckdowns and quit against.

They'd rather he still be fighting Wilder level does until he was 40 fights in. That's real ambition not this screwing around fighting guys that will destroy you.
              Very honest post. Thank you.

I think the Salido loss will only make the Loma legacy look better in the long run. If the record is a perfect undefeated record there will always be questions whether that fighter really wanted to challenge himself. Coming back strong from a loss makes the fighter look good no matter what.

Hopkins lost his first fight.

Comment

lol.

Dude it's *loss* not lost. Lost would be past tense like in your third paragraph where you used it correctly.

Comment

Second pro fight is irrelevant (even tho he had 6 fights with World Series of boxing)

He was 25. So dumb when people say look at floyds second fight. He was like 18 yrs old.

Comment

Floyd..easily.

Loma's dad is nowhere near the tutelage of the Mayweathers. People need to realize, Roger Mayweather's swag, living from 60 and 70s...boosted the James Brown shoulder from the previous Midwest Jedi masters onto Floyd.

Realistically, Mike Garcia''s son now, if he shows his son tape od Floyd and vast other things that kid will be the next American ATG, perhaps even surpassing ODLH''s Mexican American legacy or Floyds.

But to further others, Pernell Whitaker, draining from Lightweight in the Olympics to Featherweight in the pros in his second pro bout, he'd do as good as Floyd in beating Salida in his 2nd pro fight

Comment

Working...
                    X