Comments Thread For: Hearn: DAZN wants Canelo to Fight Jacobs and GGG Next Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Canelo said he isn't fighting Mexicans anymore
    Really? Lol thats dumb. Zurdo vs Canelo would do amazing in Mexico. Benavidez vs Canelo or Zurdo would be great for LA, Vegas, or Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Really? Lol thats dumb. Zurdo vs Canelo would do amazing in Mexico. Benavidez vs Canelo or Zurdo would be great for LA, Vegas, or Texas.
      canelo doesnt need mexicans to do great anywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
        Also I dont think Dazn is gonna try and force Canelo hand anytime soon, Canelo just propelled their app to #1 status on his first fight taht was preceieved as a huge mismatch against somebody nobody knows so they arent gonna be getting involved in how oscar lines up his fights for canelo at least not this early in the game.
        Absolutely false! DaZN is doing horrible and I heard there was over 50% in cancellations in the last few days.. lol.. Why do you think Hearn is pushing for a big name? I'm sure that contract for Canelo didn't include 11 bums... Hearn is the A Side and can influence who Canelo fights... No GGG, no success!

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
          Absolutely false! DaZN is doing horrible and I heard there was over 50% in cancellations in the last few days.. lol.. Why do you think Hearn is pushing for a big name? I'm sure that contract for Canelo didn't include 11 bums... Hearn is the A Side and can influence who Canelo fights... No GGG, no success!
          post your sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Wont happen. The fights are too hard to go back to back. DAZN isnt trying to put him in the two best fights Canelo can make right off the bat. He’ll still have another 4 years. Oscar will pace him and probably do one big/tough fight a year and one “softer” touch. Maybe two in a row if we’re lucky and one soft (unless he loses).

Danny is very good and it does DAZN better to not make two of their best fighters fight each other so early. If Danny can get another good win I think it happens right after. Ggg...anyone heard from him in a while?
              They are. They want subscribers. And if Canelo loses, they probably don't have to pay out the rest of his contract.

It is actually probably financially the best option for DAZN to force Canelo into hard outs like those back to back.

Good fights = more subscribers.
              Good fights, and Canelo loses = they don't have to pay Canelo 365 million over 11 fights anymore.

They want to him to get them enough subscribers quickly enough to make the investment worth it.

Id be baffled if they don't have performance riders in his contract as well after Floyd milked his CBS contract with fights like Guerrero, and Berto, and Maidana.

They don't want Canelo to have his "Pacquiao" fight 3 years down the line, they want it asap, and its probably going to cause some conflict between Canelo, Oscar, and DAZN.

They are much less interested in what they can make off of Canelo's fights monetarily than what they can make off of the subscribers they want these fights bring to the platform.

They are not a mature platform, that has already saturated their potential subscriber base.

They are new, they need subscribers to survive. They want to be the netflix of sports, they need compelling content, not more Canelo vs Fielding.

Comment

Originally posted by crystos View Post
                yup and eddie said whoever gives danny the best option they will go with. but more than likely dazn will come up wih the bread. they gonna keep that choke hold on the MW division
                In the meantime, on Tha Boxing Voice podcast, Ronnie Shields became a little "hesitant" when Jacobs name came out as a potential fight for Jermall instead of waiting for Canelo. I think the fight I really want to see at MW is Charlo vs Jacobs.

Comment

Lets just face folks who ever fights Canelo from 154 to168 is going to lose so haters just deal with it

Comment

Either fight is doable and makes sense but I think they will make him fight Jacobs first as that would be a good fight to have on for Canelo, winner gets to face GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      They are. They want subscribers. And if Canelo loses, they probably don't have to pay out the rest of his contract.

It is actually probably financially the best option for DAZN to force Canelo into hard outs like those back to back.

Good fights = more subscribers.
                      Good fights, and Canelo loses = they don't have to pay Canelo 365 million over 11 fights anymore.

They want to him to get them enough subscribers quickly enough to make the investment worth it.

Id be baffled if they don't have performance riders in his contract as well after Floyd milked his CBS contract with fights like Guerrero, and Berto, and Maidana.

They don't want Canelo to have his "Pacquiao" fight 3 years down the line, they want it asap, and its probably going to cause some conflict between Canelo, Oscar, and DAZN.

They are much less interested in what they can make off of Canelo's fights monetarily than what they can make off of the subscribers they want these fights bring to the platform.

They are not a mature platform, that has already saturated their potential subscriber base.

They are new, they need subscribers to survive. They want to be the netflix of sports, they need compelling content, not more Canelo vs Fielding.
                      I don't think anyone doubts that Canelo knocking over more Fielding bums isn't going to work for DAZN. Question is how much they can push the envelope before Canelo and Oscar start pushing back..

Comment

Working...
                      X