16 or 14 oz For Fight Night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
    Will you post your fight here ?
    I'll post the results and an honest opinion of how I did, but I won't post video. I think it's obvious enough people here are too interested in showing how much they know by tearing someone down rather than just giving constructive criticism. Who needs that?

Comment

I hope you win, i have been following your journey when you started and beginning boxing in this stage with calf issues is not easy, you are already a winner.

Comment

I hope you win, i have been following your journey when you started and beginning boxing in this stage with calf issues is not easy, you are already a winner.
        Welcome back Taha, hope things are well with you!

Comment

It wasn't but it is getting better.

Comment

It wasn't but it is getting better.
            That's good to hear it's getting better! It's always a bummer not being able to train for a bit.

Comment

Thanks! I'm all about preparation, and if I prepare well the outcome isn't as important. Except it really is, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
                It's an exhibition, a typical Fight Night type thing that places put on. I weigh 6' 2" & 250 lbs and have trained as seriously as my body will allow. I'm mobile and do well for those who are entering this event with me. I spar with my own 16 oz gloves and have another set of 16 oz gloves that I use here and there to use for the actual event. It won't bother me to get a 14 oz pair if needed.
                What size gloves will you be wearing in the end? I've always read that 8-10oz are the recommended size for bouts.

That being said, I've sparred with a guy wearing 12oz gloves and really felt the punches, so perhaps the gym is recommending 14oz to avoid any serious damage to participants. Anyway, let us know!

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
                  What size gloves will you be wearing in the end? I've always read that 8-10oz are the recommended size for bouts.

That being said, I've sparred with a guy wearing 12oz gloves and really felt the punches, so perhaps the gym is recommending 14oz to avoid any serious damage to participants. Anyway, let us know!
                  I've seen guys spar with 16oz more often then not.

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post

I had a chat with the organizers and they are not going to allow anything less than 16 oz gloves. It's an intra-club Fight Night so they will keep it at that.

That solves that!

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      I've seen guys spar with 16oz more often then not.
                      In my limited experience that is what I've seen as well. Limited.

Comment

Working...
                      X