Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar De La Hoya Reacts To HBO's Decision To Leave Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder where Roy ends up.Max is already on ESPN so he can probably join him there. I'm sure the PBC would love to have him.

Comment

Have a strong feeling that Clenelo goes to ESPN. Not sure GB wants any part of Haymon, nor does he put Ginger on DAZN cause no mexicanos use that sh.it lol ESPN/ESPN deportes will be the new home. And Bob will welcome fishnets with open arms!
      Last edited by mrlopez; 09-27-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

But where does this leave Golden Boy's staple of fighters? I don't believe Oscar has a good relationship with Showtime.

Comment

I feel some sort of merger between companies coming on. It makes too much business sense not to collaborate. It doesn't have to a competition between networks all the time. That's just my opinion. Merging will help fans get fights they want to see more often without much dispute.

Comment

Oscar is left in the dust as always.

Guy never won the big fights.

And his promotion is the Last one aboard a sinking ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hustla View Post
              You think he wrote that ****?

Boy had his publicist type that **** out homie.

He be mad Canelo's gonna have to go on Showtime or PBC!
              "He be mad"? You going to question somebody's writing skills when you speak/type like an illiterate bafoon?

Go back to school boy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                Have a strong feeling that Clenelo goes to ESPN. Not sure GB wants any part of Haymon, nor does he put Ginger on DAZN cause no mexicanos use that sh.it lol ESPN/ESPN deportes will be the new home. And Bob will welcome fishnets with open arms!
                Was thinking the samething they probably going to espn... they do have fights with them already just now he can use canelo to get more dates more money kinda make a deal like top rank did with espn...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Actually, Lampley is the only one of the boxing crew keeping his job with HBO.
                  Is this a fact or speculation? Whats the source?

I was wondering if Fight Game would stay on the air earlier & no one answered or seemed to know.

But yea I could see Lampley doing some of these random boxing or sports docs HBO is doing or maybe doing some sh^t for Real Sports or something. Of the entire announcing crew Jim is the HBO poster boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                    Wonder where Roy ends up.
                    I think RJJ would be a good pickup for the new Fox boxing shows. Idk if he's cool with Haymon & them or not, but RJJ needs a job so I'm sure he is open to being cool with some new folks right now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Actually, Lampley is the only one of the boxing crew keeping his job with HBO.
                      What's he going to do? And if HBO boxing goes, Jim Lampley will most likely surely follow.

Comment

Working...
                      X