No announcement yet.

Is Bellew feather fisted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bellew feather fisted?

I mean, he unloaded everything he had on a one-legged Haye who was laying helpless against the ropes and Haye wasn't the slightest bit hurt.

Haye even lit him up a few times in his incapacitated state.

What does this say about Bellew's power? ..that he took 6 rounds to put away a one legged cripple?

Haye said on 5 live that Bellew caught him with a good left hook in the first round that he felt.

I think he is a good puncher while he's still strong in the first half of fights, but not enough to do any real damage at heavyweight. Bellew was also very tired from the 7th onwards and there wasn't much left on his shots.

It's fairly obvious most of your discrediting Bellew is down to him being a toffee though

Comment

in HW he have no power

Comment

His power clearly didn't fully carry up, but Haye was also taking a lot off his punches with head movement and the threat of being countered stopped Bellew from planting his feet most of the time

Regarding his inability to land cleanly on a badly injured Haye, I don't blame him too much because Haye can be slippery at the best of times and once his leg went he was almost 100% focused on avoiding punches. We saw that even Wlad had trouble landing cleanly on a defence-minded David Haye, so it's not such a surprise that Bellew did too (though I still would have liked to see him set up and mix up his shots better)

Comment

It looks like he hurt him here. But yeah, big strength gap.

Wlads punches didnt do much to Haye neither except later on. Haye has alot of strength.

Comment

Bellew was like no Joshua I got kidZ!!

Comment

No power at HW, plus Haye has a good chin.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Bellew has how many KOs in a row now?

He can punch, especially at CW. Not a puncher at HW but his left hook is world class it really is.

Haye showed heart and balls though.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Bellew has how many KOs in a row now?

He can punch, especially at CW. Not a puncher at HW but his left hook is world class it really is.

Haye showed heart and balls though.
                  only 3 (and i wouldnt cool Haye fight KO,its TKO officialy but hard from some impressive finish),better question by OP wouuld be if he have no power at HW ,and he have none.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
                    Is Bellew feather fisted?

I mean, he unloaded everything he had on a one-legged Haye who was laying helpless against the ropes and Haye wasn't the slightest bit hurt.

Haye even lit him up a few times in his incapacitated state.

What does this say about Bellew's power? ..that he took 6 rounds to put away a one legged cripple?
                    ... yes: I think that Bellew doesn't hold enough power at the HW... (which is understandable, because he didn't even fight a tip-top CW, by the way...)

Comment

Working...
                    X