No announcement yet.

Bryant Jennings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    Actually Ortiz was the underdog going into the fight.. People expected Jennings to win easily over Ortiz after going full distance with Wlad.. He gave good account of himself in the Ortiz fight until he became reckless and started trading with Ortiz.. But you are are right about his lack of power at HW.. He knocked out Spzilka but again Spzilka has been chinned by lesser caliber guys before..
    Wilder, maybe..

Joshua? Oh pls

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      I don't recall many people backing Jennings against Ortiz, on here at least anyway.
      Oh ok.. I am not necessarily a betting man. But you are right.. the bookies had Ortiz as the favorite, but many experts picked Jennings to get the W..

Comment

Originally posted by BombZquad View Post
        Wilder, maybe..

Joshua? Oh pls
        Wrong quote!!? I did not mention Joshua in that post..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
          Actually Ortiz was the underdog going into the fight.. People expected Jennings to win easily over Ortiz after going full distance with Wlad.. He gave good account of himself in the Ortiz fight until he became reckless and started trading with Ortiz.. But you are are right about his lack of power at HW.. He knocked out Spzilka but again Spzilka has been chinned by lesser caliber guys before..
          edit
          nevermind I just noticed you said what I was about to say on post #12 on this thread lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ-G View Post
            edit
            nevermind I just noticed you said what I was about to say on post #12 on this thread lol.
            Ok.. I never understood the betting odds & how they work.. Could have made some money if I knew how it worked..
            Last edited by BoxingFan85; 07-26-2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I'd like to see Jennings vs Andy Ruiz

Comment

You could certainly make the argument that Jennings is the second best American heavyweight right now. Definitely would like to see him more active, because there are a ton of these fringe contenders getting big fights that he could beat. I think because of the back to back losses a lot of people have forgotten about him but he's a legit top 15 heavyweight imo.

Comment

I like Jennings a lot but he's going to always be a little outside the very top tier due to his height and lack of power for a modern HW. He'd be an unstoppable cruiser but not sure he could ever get down there..

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                    I like Jennings a lot but he's going to always be a little outside the very top tier due to his height and lack of power for a modern HW. He'd be an unstoppable cruiser but not sure he could ever get down there..
                    He weighed in as low as 218 for a fight. I think he could make cruiserweight. It would suit him better. He is outweighed by the top heavyweights 20-30 lbs and he won't close that gap on his vegan diet soon.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                      I don't recall many people backing Jennings against Ortiz, on here at least anyway.
                      I thought Jennings would stop Ortiz

Comment

Working...
                      X