Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many ATG/FUTURE ATG talent do you see from Eastern Europe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Klitschko's aren't ATG's.

Wlad will be an ATG HW probably, but Vitali won't. Look at Vitali's resume, it truly is horrific.

Comment

So pathetic that this is a worldwide sport and people from other parts of the world don't get the credit they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        if he makes it big in the states as an actual professional he can make some real money
        The ceiling in the WSB is $300,000, which Lomachenko would be in a position to command. I think a kid like him would probably consider that real money. The Pros is a dirty business and there are no guarantees, and as I said, if he likes the format he's still young enough to turn pro in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          The ceiling in the WSB is $300,000, which Lomachenko would be in a position to command. I think a kid like him would probably consider that real money. The Pros is a dirty business and there are no guarantees, and as I said, if he likes the format he's still young enough to turn pro in any case.
          300k is a ****load of money for "amateur" boxing.

There is no mainstream American promoter that is going to pay him 300k a fight to run through 8-10 bums in the pro game. Sure he will someday make a million fighting for a title, but not in the short term.

Comment

k bros are HOFs but not ATGs.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              The Klitschko's aren't ATG's.

Wlad will be an ATG HW probably, but Vitali won't. Look at Vitali's resume, it truly is horrific.
              wlad's is terrible as well. jimmy young sh-its on his face.

young beat ali who was champion at the time and an all time great
              young beat foreman who was ranked #1 and an all time great
              young beat norton who was ranked #1 and a near great
              young beat lyle who was ranked #3 and a top contender before and after he fought young
              young beat shavers who was ranked #6 and a top contender before and after he fought young

it's so close! if wlad is a top ten surely young is right? i mean his resume shi-t's all over wlad's and he fought everyone but wait............he didn't have 17 title defenses against nobodies and fake contenders who never fought each other. so very hard. who could possibly get so many defenses! oh artur grigorian did it? who the fu-kk is that you are probably asking yourself.

Comment

Probably that Lomachenko guy, but other than that not really anybody. Most of them just hide out in their country fighting scrubs and finally get exposed once they face tough competition, take Bute for example.

Im sure fighting bums their entire career keeps them from developing into a much better fighter, the level of competition is shyt over there, America is where some of the best of the best come to fight even the bums lol, not only to fight but to spar and train as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Probably that Lomachenko guy, but other than that not really anybody. Most of them just hide out in their country fighting scrubs and finally get exposed once they face tough competition, take Bute for example.

Im sure fighting bums their entire career keeps them from developing into a much better fighter, the level of competition is shyt over there, America is where some of the best of the best come to fight even the bums lol, not only to fight but to spar and train as well.
                  Plenty of bums fighting each other in the states too. The best talent is in the US because that's where the money is, not because the US boxing ecosystem is still churning out the best talent.

Based on the rising standard of amateur programs, and the relatively harsh economic conditions, I can see Eastern Europe becoming a bit of a powerhouse in the years ahead.

Comment

Too be completely honest I voted none because the reign that the klits have is really weak in terms of prime beast in hw div. plus despite them being great in their own regard by accumulating belts and title defenses. If they were both truly undefeated at hw even in this era I would have possibly given them the benefit of the doubt. But as of right now both klits are outside of the top 75 in terms of Atg fighters. Also I see know Atg coming out of Eastern Europe as of today

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Plenty of bums fighting each other in the states too. The best talent is in the US because that's where the money is, not because the US boxing ecosystem is still churning out the best talent.

Based on the rising standard of amateur programs, and the relatively harsh economic conditions, I can see Eastern Europe becoming a bit of a powerhouse in the years ahead.
                      Of course, as I said America is where the best fighters come to fight, where you can get some of the best sparring and training. Guys like Bute and Nishioka aren't doing themselves any favors padding their records.

The US is still putting out tons of quality fighters though, Quillin, Ward, Cloud, Broner, Dawson, Thurman, Donaire, Bradley, Viloria, Trout, Garcia, etc. I'm shocked the US is still doing so well considering how unpopular it is over here.

Comment

Working...
                      X