Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not at all. He won the fight by a wide margain. I'm not one of those guys that hate on a winner. he's ko'd better offensive fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I'm a Donaire fan & I still say props to the little guy. 25-1 underdog, smaller, weaker & slower. It was good to see him exhibit his defense. He lost almost every second of the fight but he made it. I don't blame him for fighting how he did, I'm also not mad because Donaire did not get the ko. Donaire found his way to win, the little guy made him work. Just like the old saying in boxing, win today look good tommarow.
      This was his chance to impress though, and he blew it. Narvaez won't get that chance to become known ever again now. It's better to go out on your shield and leave knowing you've done everything you could than accept a loss and make fans never want to watch you ever again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
        I'm just LOL'ing that the same posters who spam about Sergio being "exposed" as a bum by Barker are now jumping to the defense of Donaire...seriously, *******s are the shallowest most transparent posters on here.
        Now while I agree with you, not all Donaire fans are like that. I'm a Donaire fan & a Martinez fan & a former Pacman fan. I understand that great fighters can look bad against certain opponents, when you fight good fighters that kinda stuff does happen. Martinez overcame some early problems to stop his man, Donaire won 10 rounds of his fight, IMO,both did what they were supposed to.

Comment

• Its a fighter's job to to enter the ring to win. If he does anything but that, he gets no props.

Comment

• if you compare him to Pac, yeah you could say he is a bit overrated. Pac set a standard too high that we all think Martinez and Donaire would just destroy and dominate like they were amateurs the way Pac did..Donaire is pretty good, not overrated..we all just need to see him fighting in a higher division without that much height advantage..if Narvaez was bigger like Clottey to Pac, Donaire would look even worst. not Doanire's fault that Narvaez didnt come to win. he came to survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              This was his chance to impress though, and he blew it. Narvaez won't get that chance to become known ever again now. It's better to go out on your shield and leave knowing you've done everything you could than accept a loss and make fans never want to watch you ever again.
              I'm a realist, you understand? Narvaez had no chance of winning. In boxing there are plenty of fighters that once they realize that they cannot win, try to make it to the final bell. It is actually a badge of honor for a thoroughly overmatched opponent to do so against a superior fighter. That is what the little guy did. I don't by into the fans will never want you to fight again crap, because I can name quite a few fighters that are champions that fight guys that I couldn't even begin to understand how they even got a title shot.

Comment

• Donaire is one of those fighters that shines in the biggest fights. He has some average performances against guys he knows he'll beat, but when you throw him in with the bigger names he looks like the p4p guy he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I'm a realist, you understand? Narvaez had no chance of winning. In boxing there are plenty of fighters that once they realize that they cannot win, try to make it to the final bell. It is actually a badge of honor for a thoroughly overmatched opponent to do so against a superior fighter. That is what the little guy did. I don't by into the fans will never want you to fight again crap, because I can name quite a few fighters that are champions that fight guys that I couldn't even begin to understand how they even got a title shot.
                  I can understand why Narvaez would just want to survive. Like the commentators kept saying, he can just go back down to 115 and defend his belt after this. Still, I just hate to see fighters only show up to survive. That's a big stage he just crapped the bed on. Even in getting knocked out, if he had used the frustrations his style forced on Donaire to take some chances, fans really would have been interested in seeing him in the future, whereas now he'll fall under the Clottey category of guys no one wants to see on TV again.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I can understand why Narvaez would just want to survive. Like the commentators kept saying, he can just go back down to 115 and defend his belt after this. Still, I just hate to see fighters only show up to survive. That's a big stage he just crapped the bed on. Even in getting knocked out, if he had used the frustrations his style forced on Donaire to take some chances, fans really would have been interested in seeing him in the future, whereas now he'll fall under the Clottey category of guys no one wants to see on TV again.
                    That's ok too. Me, I just know that that overmatched little guy made the final bell. It's not like he ran anywhere, he stood his ground the entire fight. He displayed great great defense. Under the circumstances he did amazing IMO.

Comment

• i put gamboa ahead of him on the P4P list without a doubt. he's a nice boxer, big puncher, but has made his name in a weight class where he clearly doesn't belong. i don't think we'll be able to evaluate him fairly until he's at least fighting true 122 pounders, and maybe even 126. if he looks as dominant beating guys his size or bigger then we'll know he's the real thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X