does anybody actually go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody actually go

for long runs anymore? intensity stuff is the new thing

Well I either run 5, 7, 8 or 10 miles with 10-20 second sprints mixed in. I never run less than 5 miles, 5 actually feels short and intense to me, in fact it hardly feels like I've covered much distance at all. 8 is a good solid run IMO.

Comment

I do both.

Sprints, hill sprints, 2.5 miles at a fast pace, and 5 or sometimes more miles at a decent pace.

The long distance stuff I find is good for losing weight/keeping it off and for still getting a workout in since you can't do hill sprints every day or you'll be too weak.

You do still need to work your aerobic conditioning for boxing so all the 'experts' who say boxing is an anaerobic only sport are out to lunch.

Comment

Well you can only really do the intense intervals 3 times per week max, so i sometimes mix a long one in.

Comment

Running is still very important to fighting.

Comment

do you guys do your roadwork everyday or every couple days?

Comment

Run 4.5 miles this morning, and just got back from another 4.5 miles. I ran twice cause I didn't want to go to the gym cause my arms were pretty tired and sore but I need to lose some weight for a fight.

Ran my personal best time this morning and then beat it in the evening.

Comment

I usually do a semi long run and finish it off with running hills.

Seems like a good medium

Comment

Working...
                X