No announcement yet.

Calzaghe would embarrass froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe would embarrass froch

Calzaghe would embarrass any fighter from any era at or around his prime fighting weight.

Comment

abraham and kessler will KO froch...bad...

Comment

It would be ugly. It would be Calzaghe-Lacy all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          It would be ugly. It would be Calzaghe-Lacy all over again.
          Yeah it would.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Frochos View Post
            Calzaghe would embarrass any fighter from any era at or around his prime fighting weight.
            I don't know about all that.

Prime: Toney, Jones Jr. at SMW and some others would be a tough fight.

And if we use "any era"...well then let's throw in the fighters that could have made that weight of 168 as well because then it opens it up to ATG fighters and even fighters we don't call "ATGs" but could have been had they fought in such a division...Like Floyd Patterson. Floyd Patterson would beat Calzaghe.

Comment

Carl Froch should be glad he didnt get a chance too share a ring with calzaghe, im not a fan of calzaghe but he is 2 or 3 classes above froch.

Comment

totally agree, and i hate cal

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Frochos View Post
                  lol no

he barely beat a 40 year old hopkins kid

Comment

Yeah Froch would barely touch Calzaghe and would take too much punishment. I don't particularly have a problem with Froch winning tonight. However, had Dirrell won an SD, I wouldn't've felt that was a robbery either. It was that sort of fight. Perhaps it should've been a draw. Those who say Froch didn't land enough are right and so are those who say Dirrell ran and held too much. In a way, neither man really deserves a win.

Froch's hometown fans paid good money and gave him good support and all he did was that stupid sideways stance that renders him unable to throw a successful 1-2 unless his opponent is darting backwards towards the ropes, in which case it doesn't land flush if at all. He's so frustrating to watch and always allows fights to get much closer than they should be.

Now onto Mr. Dirrell. In the last 4 rounds, he actually showed that he could've beaten Froch legitimately. On a few occasions when he DID actually trade, he got the better of Carl. Yet he wasn't willing to do this often enough and seemed to only do it when Carl gave him no other option. Yes Froch landed a few rabbit punches, but Dirrell complained even when Froch was landing legal headshots on the inside! His negativity is what really cost him the fight.

I don't see why so many people are calling this homebrewing as the ref and judges were all foreign and the Super 6 is primarily an American organised event and Showtime's an American network.

I've supported Froch in all his fights so far and I really don't think I will when he faces Kessler and if he faces Abe. When he fought Magee, I was pissed off and felt he let it get too close and relied on his power too much. When he fought Taylor, he was doing the same thing against a much better fighter and he just managed to eke out a win. I didn't think he could get a closer win after that, but he managed to this time. Compare his performance to Abe's, who to me seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing and looked in no danger of losing at any point, including the rounds he lost.
                    Last edited by AngloArab; 10-17-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X