Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Face-Off for Ward-Kovalev 2? Ward apparently a no-show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I saw the interview with Andre Ward on Saturday with Jim Lampley during the Canelo-Chavez undercard.

Kovalev was supposed to show up and interview as well but didn't. So am I to understand this is why Ward left and was a no show on Sunday?

Well, this is the first time in a long time I can remember animosity this deep between not only the two fighters but both, promoters, camps, etc....

Comment

So who was the noshow? Rumours flying from different sides.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        So who was the noshow? Rumours flying from different sides.

They both no showed actually.

Kovalev was a no show for the interview during the Canelo-Chavez PPV

And Ward was a no show for the scheduled filming of Face Off with Max Kellerman the following day on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
          Ok, so I saw the interview with Andre Ward on Saturday with Jim Lampley during the Canelo-Chavez undercard.

Kovalev was supposed to show up and interview as well but didn't. So am I to understand this is why Ward left and was a no show on Sunday?

Well, this is the first time in a long time I can remember animosity this deep between not only the two fighters but both, promoters, camps, etc....
          What was this interview? Sounds like an excuse by ward.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            What was this interview? Sounds like an excuse by ward.

On the Canelo-Chavez PPV broadcast. Ward was interviewed by Jim Lampley. Kovalev was a no show for the interview.

Ward was a no show the following day for the scheduled recording of Face Off with Max Kellerman.

It's only hurting the promotion of the fight and their money so that's on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              ward DGAF....why should he really? every time he does something he gets no props for it.....there was an absolutely terrible article by chris mannix a few weeks ago basically dogging ward....

all ward has done is take good fights...and some real good ones....take a big challenge and honor a rematch....handle himself well outside of the ring...and still no one gives him any credit....
              He has fought good opponents. But I think the way he acted after the S6 - really put off a lot of people.

Also - how he was THE ONLY fighter in the S6 to NEVER travel away from home! Literally - he was the only S6 fighter to never leave his home country!

From December 2011, after he fought Froch, to November 2016 when he fought Kovalev, he literally fought nobody in between. Perhaps Sullivan Barrera - but he was green AF when Ward fought him, and he still hasn't proven himself as a legit top-10 guy.

He acted like he deserved special treatment.

And the way he fought dirty against Kessler. Man, that was one of the ugliest, dirtiest performances I've ever seen. And his boring style that revolves around hugging the shyte out of your opponent 8-13 times a round..

It all just really put people off..

Comment

Ward poses as a true Christian, a man of faith yet his manager is James Prince, who sent his thugs to beat up Leonard Ellerbe, putting him in hospital.

He claims to be the Son of God, yet he sued his former promoter Goossen 3 times and slandered his name in the media calling him a thief, when the old man was dying of cancer.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Lots of bad blood and mind games going on with this build up. This rematch is going to be incredible. 2017 is slated to be a GREAT year for boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X