Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs survived for 12 rounds with Golovkin so in some way you have to give him credit for that. Jacobs made a good showing but was outpointed and knocked down by the Champ. Unanimous decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
      3 judges- ESPN(pbc partners)-Boxingscene all score it for GGG!! And U still hear robbery ...ridiculous!!
      ESPN as in Dan Rafael lmao he's the most biased reporter there is. And Boxingscene tried to ruin haymon and hates anything Haymon does.

Comment

• I was at the fight and not even the rabid Jacobs fans (and there were quite a few of them) in the audience didn't think he won. Everyone I overheard had GGG winning. I honestly have no idea what people saw. Are people grading on a curve again? Danny wins rounds for not getting hurt?

Sure Golovkin was flat but Jacobs was shoe-shining his way through that fight.

Seriously, WTF is going on here?

Comment

• Huge GGG fan but had Jacobs up by two rounds.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
              According to the scorecards, judges gave Golovkin the feeling out rounds which is what made the difference. So even though Golovkin did nothing, he got the benefit of the doubt, giving him the win.
              Neither fighter did anything those first two rounds. And they didn't all go to GGG on all three cards.

Comment

• GGG let it go the distance, much money on the fight going the distance. The Cancer guy is delusional just because he went the distance, and people are emotional because of his fight against a sickness. Wow, the world is to damned emotional. Is it queers who watch boxing these days?

Comment

• omg, cmon just stop lol
                  ain't no way jacobs won that fight, his face busted, get ko-ed, but overall it was very close fight
                  golovkin looked crap but he still outlanded jacobs
                  i can see jacobs demand rematch thou

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    Lol I like how convinced a lot of GGG fans are. There was nothing convincing about that performance. If anything, it basically proves what a lot of ppl have been saying for forever. Golovkin is nowhere near as good as ppl claim. He better thank the stars that he fights in such a crap division. And like I said before. That Canelo fight is certainly 50/50.

Name one 160lb fighter that has an easy night with Jacobs the same Jacobs that pulverized Quillin in like a minute and a half. In your bashing of Golovkin all you are doing is discrediting Jacobs like Jacobs ain't shh or something. Think before you post that is stupid as fk, exposed? By fighting a taller man, with more weight, more power and better reach...C'mon man.

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    Great fight. I had it 6 rounds each. Jacobs won the "fight" as in landed more power punches. Jacobs was also swinging wider and harder but not everything landed. I think Danny was shook more times than GGG, but Danny did the flashier more eye-catching work ... the rounds he won he did so in a more eye-catching way.

There should be a rematch but there probably won't be one as long as the Canelo effect is in play.

If Danny just had a bit stronger chin and would've stayed up he'd have drawn the fight.

Take aways -
                    Danny is most definitely far better than any other MW not named Golovkin.
                    Golovkin is vulnerable to great foot work and fast hands. No way he'd fare well against DeGale.

Point of interest. Just how much did Jacobs weigh in there? - it may be that he came in as heavy as a SMW at 180+.

So wait you scored it 6-6 but Jacobs won? Do you not understand how math works? Even if you gave Jacobs 6 rounds you'd still have to find an 10-8 round in his favor for him to win. It was a close fight that went down to the last round.

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
                      "The weight gain advantage"... Boxing fans are the worst. One sanctioning body initiates a second day weigh in and now petty asz boxing fans like yourself pretend that its a legitimate requirement. You guys will cling to anything that gives you something to complain about...
                      You support boxers outweighing each other by 15 lbs in the ring? Why? That's anti competitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X