Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      Jacobs won that fight....golovkin looked ordinary and was shown to be very limited at times
      C'mon Plunge, you're a smart poster and have a smart eye.

Jacobs did great in round 6 to 10 but the other rounds are close and he got dropped.

So you can have a GGG card, but I admit that whole UD was bias.

GGG won the jab battle and people are overrating DJ slapping flurries a bit.

Jacobs deserves a rematch, I thought it was a good fight.

GGG has been effective as usual, look at Jacobs face.

I hope Ward and GGG don't ***** out and gave the 2 sorry men a rematch because both didn't clearly won that for sure.

Comment

• There arent more trolls anywhere on the planet than a boxing forum.

IJS

Comment

• chollos and ward defenders desperately calling this a robbery, shocker. Jacobs certainly did not win. Most of his flurries were blocked, he ate stiff jabs clean for the first 6 rounds and got knocked down to boot.

Golovkin won, good night of fights!

Comment

• Originally posted by Furn View Post
            Not a robbery at all.

People are confusing doing better than expected with winning.

Anywhere from 8-4 ggg to 6-6 was fair.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly how the idiot Boxnation commentary was.

Comment

• Well hopefully this fight gives Canelo and golden boy the balls to finally make the fight with ggg. Chances are, they aren't smart enough to realize that jacobs is an all around better fighter than Canelo so they'll look at this fight as a sign of vulnerability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                Lol I like how convinced a lot of GGG fans are. There was nothing convincing about that performance. If anything, it basically proves what a lot of ppl have been saying for forever. Golovkin is nowhere near as good as ppl claim. He better thank the stars that he fights in such a crap division. And like I said before. That Canelo fight is certainly 50/50.
                He won the fight. Jacobs fought well but golovkin won. Canelo's a *****. He wouldn't even take a fight with a guy like jacobs

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                  Yeah, I know that. That gives Golovkin one 10-8 round and another 10-9 round.

Jacbos won. Completely outboxed him.

Even outslugged him on the inside. You see all the times Golovkin shook his head and said "no"? That means yes Jacobs gave him a good shot, lol.
                  Jacobs definitely tested his chin and landed good shots. But completely outboxed him?

How many times has a guy out "completely out boxed" another while getting out-jabbed something like 75-25?

Lets be real here: GGG is not judged to the same standard other fighters are (because of his fans). I get it. GGG fanboys are the worst.... but this guy just took a decision against an elite boxer- the second best MW in the world after GGG, took EVERYTHING that Jacobs had, and still managed to outland him.

Lets show some respect for both guys. This fight was close, but the way GGG is being judged. You would think he was fighting Rob Salka in there after reading all this NSB-Salt

Comment

• Comment

• Jacobs was surviving more than he was boxing at times, especially early.

Even though he made ggg look average You can't expect to win rounds when very little is coming back and you're on back for the whole time.

He did more later on but also got caught a couple of times that cost him a round or two.

Comment

Working...
                      X