Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxer in their prime would never lose to another fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    MOST of the fighters mentioned DID lose in their prime .

Im not sure if the thread is asking fantasy match ups or talking about a fighter in their own era never going to lose ?

Mike Tyson never lost in his prime and under Rooney had a good shot at defeating anyone .

Roy Jones also has a strong case !

Vitali Klitchko made adjustments after the Lewis fight and was extremely difficult to deal with as well .

You cant ever say NEVER bc odds are someone always loses even on a off night . At their BEST night would be more sensible thread
    Brian Sutherland would've beaten your favorite fighter and ****ed his ***** on the same night.

Comment

Originally posted by Boks 123 View Post
      He lost to Joe Frazier lol.
      That wasn't prime cmon man. Do you even watch the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Yes he was. That was 14 fights before the rumble in the jungle.
        Cmon man. Do you even watch the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Ali was better in the 70's than the 60's. I know you will argue this but even ali admitted he was stronger and a more placement puncher with better ring IQ and thats because he was. Ali was lucky on two occasions in the 60's by far less fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
            The answer to this thread is Roy Jones Jr.

with that chin, any puncher has a chance at him.

especially off steroids. he's a proven ped cheat.

Comment

mike tyson in his prime and Roy jones in his prime.

Comment

In my opinion a lightweight Pernell Whitaker was unbeatable

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Ali was better in the 70's than the 60's. I know you will argue this but even ali admitted he was stronger and a more placement puncher with better ring IQ and thats because he was. Ali was lucky on two occasions in the 60's by far less fighters.
                  Ali said he was tronger in the 70s, certainly but he wasnt a better boxer.

The free flowing punches and hand-foot coordination were only a fraction of what Ali was capable of from 64-67.

Pretty much every major sporting observer in 1970 felt Ali's legs were alreday gone and this is before the Frazier fight. I can't remember who, maybe McIlvenney wrote that ALi should be taking one more fight before getting in the ring with Frazier.

There are no reasons for alternative facts and counter history here, its an established fact that by 71, let alone 74-78, Ali was alreday past his best. Still great but not what he could have been if not for the ban.

Comment

Vitali Klitschko.

Comment

The Muhammad Ali that fought Cleveland Williams, was something we have still not witnessed ever again! the hand speed, foot-movement! and even his power was immense! many people forget that Ali just like Sugar Ray Leonard had the ability to hurt guys, while moving backwards! (This totally goes against the laws of physics).....

And head to head, Lennox Lewis & Vitaili Kiltschko could probably take wins off every single heavyweight in history!

I think all the real great fighters, all have the ability to beat each other! its like in the sport of Tennis, on any given day? all the best tennis players can suddenly produce performances to beat the best! in the sport of boxing at the elite all-time great level! i believe the best would all beat each other on any given day....
                      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-12-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X