No announcement yet.

Lawrence Okolie turning pro?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence Okolie turning pro?

Team GB Olympic Heavyweight (Cruiser in the pros). Could make a good pro but he is raw like AJ was when he turned over. Maybe more talented than AJ, but in a tougher division. Lost to Erislandy Savon before the medals at the Olympics, but then so should have Joshua lol

Frustratingly i cant find any of his recent Am or WSB fights on YT.

NEETzsche what do you reckon to him?

I think he will be very good as a pro.

Comment

should have posted the insta his tweet links to really...

Comment

Looked a touch raw in the olympics but still has to be a very good boxer to go to the Olympics, from what I recall he made a good account of himself against Savon who's very difficult to beat.

I think he was a late starter too and had only been boxing for 6 years or so (got into the sport to lose weight), which means there's loads of room for improvement.

Fowler plans on turning this year too apparently, going to have a few WSB fights first I think.

I'm hoping Buatsi turns pro, that's the main guy from team GB I'm keeping an eye on, if you can bang people out in the Olympics you're definitely going to have power in the pros...

Comment

Apparently he knocked joshua unconscious in sparring

Comment

Anyone know if Joe Joyce is going pro or staying amateur ?

Comment

hoping joe joyce turns pro soon. One of the most talented amateurs ive seen for a long long time in that division

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                NEETzsche what do you reckon to him?

I think he will be very good as a pro.
                I like him, he got slaughtered by Savon in WSB then just a few months later gave him a really good fight in the Olympics so I think he's a fast learner. And he seems like a good lad too so I hope he does well. Along with Buatsi and Joyce I think he has the most star potential out of the 2016 Olympians (although I think McCormack and Yafai are the best)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan8777 View Post
                  Anyone know if Joe Joyce is going pro or staying amateur ?
                  I read that he will be participating in the upcoming season of World Series Boxing

Comment

Good stuff. He's definitely got more learning to do but he's clearly talented.

Buatsi is the one I really want to see turn pro though, I think he's gonna rip up the pro game.

Comment

Working...
                    X