Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Stevenson Had Opportunities To Fight - Why Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ward fights Adonis but not before a Kovalev rematch. Personally I think Ward and Kovalev can beat Adonis. Any fighter strictly depending on KO power to win against Ward is likely to lose because he rarely gives you the opportunity to land the flush shot. If you noticed in the Kovalev fight after the knock down, Sergey got caught up in trying to land the clean power shot, just following Ward around the ring instead of cutting the ring off and setting it up. And Ward didn't give him any openings to land those types of shots until he was sure the sting was gone (due to fatigue) from Kovalev's shots. So I highly doubt when he fights Adonis that he will put himself in position to get hit flush with the left hook or straight left. Adonis would have to earn that shot.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
      Man, Ward was landing thousands of sneaky ninja punches in that fight, the ones that CompuBox couldn't count and casual fans couldn't see them. The type of punches that made Kovalev tired and breathing hard in the end

So I'm not sure if Kovalev was landing more
      i recall a 6 inch straigh right and to the body while kov has his left arm extendted to far out to block...that **** landed like righ ton the ribs just right of the heart...
      he had to be the ninja, bc god know he wasnt the bull

he won fair and square

but this is duck talk right here idk wat anyone says

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
        I think Ward fights Adonis but not before a Kovalev rematch. Personally I think Ward and Kovalev can beat Adonis. Any fighter strictly depending on KO power to win against Ward is likely to lose because he rarely gives you the opportunity to land the flush shot. If you noticed in the Kovalev fight after the knock down, Sergey got caught up in trying to land the clean power shot, just following Ward around the ring instead of cutting the ring off and setting it up. And Ward didn't give him any openings to land those types of shots until he was sure the sting was gone (due to fatigue) from Kovalev's shots. So I highly doubt when he fights Adonis that he will put himself in position to get hit flush with the left hook or straight left. Adonis would have to earn that shot.
        so let me get this straight..a lot of you here have been told to be pissed with adonis and fell for it...u stopped watch him likely, but u still think u can break him down as a fighter...
        u really need to do some research if u think power is his only dependency...i dont think it is his 1st or 2nd best trait...but i'll just say i told you so soon enough i guess

adonis THE REAL CHAMP..has to earn a shot loooooooooooooool

BOXING FANS PLEASE BE BETTER...I LOVE KOV AND WARD..BUT THEY ARE NOT ABOVE ADONIS

Comment

rematch kov, then fight Stevenson n retire

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            He is levels below Kovalev, at least Kovalev has the ability to step back and counter and has power in both hands

Stevenson wouldn't have a shot in hell at beating either guy. I genuinely believe he is bang average. I'd have taken the Hopkins that Kovalev dominated over Stevenson.
            U say all this hate about him, but i bet you have a lot of "forget him you dont have to fight him or take his belts" tweets..

sound like a psychological coping method

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
              so let me get this straight..a lot of you here have been told to be pissed with adonis and fell for it...u stopped watch him likely, but u still think u can break him down as a fighter...
              u really need to do some research if u think power is his only dependency...i dont think it is his 1st or 2nd best trait...but i'll just say i told you so soon enough i guess

BOXING FANS PLEASE BE BETTER...I LOVE KOV AND WARD..BUT THEY ARE NOT ABOVE ADONIS
              yeah they sleep on Adonis, a fight with him and ward will be very competitive as well

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
                Stevenson is a paper champion. When he starts fighting legitimate contenders then he should get a shot. He has to be one of the most protected media generated champions to come along in a generation.
                it's not ward's shot to give to stevenson..it is stevenson's shot to grant to ward...
                boxing god's dont lie: bhop, pascal, fonfara, and now kov...

they all talked **** on stevenson and pretended to be the higher up to him...now look where they are...no gold around non of their waist...dont direct andre ward in their path..he doesnt need ppl like u in his ear...

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                  yeah they sleep on Adonis, a fight with him and ward will be very competitive as well
                  idk if it will even be competitive..cant be a southpaw without a right hand...and to make it even worse that southpaw has arms long as the street u live on it...ward barely got by kov..stevenson is a different beast

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post

No you misunderstood my comment. Adonis has to earn (in the ring) the shot meaning he's not going to be able to land his left on Ward like he did on Dawson. He's going to need to set the punch up. He's not going to be able to just throw it and expect Ward to be standing right in front of him to get hit flush with it.
                    I do feel he and Ward are going to fight I just don't think he should fight Adonis before rematching Kovalev. Read

Comment

Typical form from a diva. It's a shame SOG takes this route. I guess Ward is more interested in giving Alexander Brand a rematch, for all his fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X