Cutting weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting weight

Help needed,

I have been slowely cutting weight for the last 5 months but seem to of hit a brick wall.

I started out at 87kgs and have cut down to 78 at a steady rate, My bout is at middleweight (75kgs) and the weigh in is 12 days away.

The weigh in is 0700 in the morning and will be roughly 8 hours before my bout.

Any advice on how to get rid of these extra few kilos would be apreciated.

You need to lose 3kg, so 6.6lbs right in three days?

You need to limit your food intake like ****, and drink only distilled water.

other than that get in a sauna in a sweatsuit.

Comment

No mate the weigh in is 12 days away! Cheers tho the sauna suit is on stand by

Comment

Originally posted by jsak View Post
        No mate the weigh in is 12 days away! Cheers tho the sauna suit is on stand by
        12 days then it shouldn't be a problem, you need to be at a caloric defecit though and be doing a lot of cardio, just be careful though because you don't want to be wore out when you step on the scales

Comment

As earl stated, you want to be running a caloric deficit. Figure out how many calories your body needs at maintaining its current weight and look at cutting 500 or so calories out of that startng out. As th fight gets closer and you still need to drop more pounds (3+), look at adjusting this number by taking out some more calories (300-500 more).

I dont know what you are doing as far as water manipulation, but you should be drinking a ****load of water right now, atleast a gallon. Distilled water preffered. Look at increasing your water intake. You want to get your body used to peeing all the time. Closer to the fight, 3-5 days out, look at drastically reducing your water intake (still sticking with distilled water). Point is, youre prepping your body to pee alot of water out of your system.

A very important note i want to make. With having a weigh in the same day as a fight, the last thing you want to have to do is try to make weight the same day, by getting into a sauna or whatever. you want to hit your target weight the night before, or at worst be only 1-2 lbs over when you go to sleep. In such case, go to sleep fairly hungry/starving, but make sure you get some fiber n you the day before, with very little water intake. Wake up, take a piss and ****, and see where you stand. But yeah, id highly recommend hitting your target weight the day/night before.

After weigh in, dont gorge out. Eat small, but frequent, healthy and nutritious meals. Switch from distilled water to regular water, and drink some gatorade.

Comment

Cheers mate I appreciate that an will take it on board, just wondering though, what is the difference between normal an distilled water?

Comment

Originally posted by jsak View Post
              Cheers mate I appreciate that an will take it on board, just wondering though, what is the difference between normal an distilled water?
              Normal water still has alot of minerals in it that will stay in you/keep you hydrated. With distilled water, much of these minerals are removed, promoting dehydration to a degree.

Comment

Ok mate thanks

Comment

hit the sauna and its done.

Comment

Working...
                  X