No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
    Whats different? You use the tools you were given, period. Lennox did if and now Wlad does. It's just kind of funny now that there's a eastern euro , white champ that somebody has a problem with it.

If Wlad was a Black American there would probably be no problem here.

Lewis threw hooks, bjabs, combinations, uppercuts and body shots as well as the right hand. Wlad? Jab, jab grab. Jab, jab, right hand grab! Do you see the difference?

And quit with the nationalistic race crap. Its the last refuge of a desperate poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Lewis threw hooks, bjabs, combinations, uppercuts and body shots as well as the right hand. Wlad? Jab, jab grab. Jab, jab, right hand grab! Do you see the difference?

And quit with the nationalistic race crap. Its the last refuge of a desperate poster.
      Wladimir throws hooks, jabs, combinations, uppercuts and body shots as well as the right hand.

He KOed Austin, Shufford, Chambers and several others with left hooks.

He's thrown combinations in every fight.

He finished off Sam Peter with an uppercut.

He used many body punches against Thompson.

You should actually watch his fights sometime - he has every imaginable punch in his arsenal. He uses the jab more since he's been working with Steward, before he was more aggressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Wladimir throws hooks, jabs, combinations, uppercuts and body shots as well as the right hand.

He KOed Austin, Shufford, Chambers and several others with left hooks.

He's thrown combinations in every fight.

He finished off Sam Peter with an uppercut.

He used many body punches against Thompson.

You should actually watch his fights sometime - he has every imaginable punch in his arsenal. He uses the jab more since he's been working with Steward, before he was more aggressive.

You're using specific fights to point out him doing specific things. The point of me saying his skills have regressed is because he doesn't do these thing regularly. You can have the greatest arsenal ever, but its meaningless unless you use it. He was much more apt to use it before the ko's to Sanders and Brewster. Now he just seems to want to keep his distance instead of destroying his opponent with not only his size, but his SKILLS.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          You're using specific fights to point out him doing specific things. The point of me saying his skills have regressed is because he doesn't do these thing regularly. You can have the greatest arsenal ever, but its meaningless unless you use it. He was much more apt to use it before the ko's to Sanders and Brewster. Now he just seems to want to keep his distance instead of destroying his opponent with not only his size, but his SKILLS.
          No, he's used all those punches in recent fights, AFTER the last loss.

You hate Wladimir Klitschko, we get it.

PLEASE, give it a rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            No, he's used all those punches in recent fights, AFTER the last loss.

You hate Wladimir Klitschko, we get it.

PLEASE, give it a rest.
            Kid, try showing the whole fights. Against Peter he used a 1, 2 the majority of the fight. He wasn't mixing his punches up and hardly went to the body. Lol, I wouldn't even count Ray Austin since he wasn't worthy of a title shot to begin with and folded like a lawn chair. In the clip you just posted of the Chambers fight he didn't go to the body once in spite of being in perfect position to do so. He also wasn't throwing combinations over 2 punches.

So please, you give it a rest with your biased outlook and highlights that don't tell the whole story.

Comment

• Wlad's reply : " you make s**t grills" lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                That's true George.

Better to not use the jab, to stay in front of your opponent throwing the same punches getting tired and then getting knocked the **** out like you in Rumble in the Jungle.

Ho yeah George that was a great game plan.
                ah yeah pal George from the Ali fight would deck Klitschko inside of 4 rounds.

Comment

• well, in reality, there isn't much he can do about that can he? what's he supposed to do? fight his brother?

Comment

• Wladamir Klitschko is a great champion and a great role model for the sport.

I don't see any way anyone can hate on him unless they have an agenda

Comment

• Wlad will leave a legacy, but quite frankly it will be being the best of a really bad bunch. He has always been too stiff for me, not enough rotation in his body, not enough hooks, not enough counters, not enough classy shots.

He is very good at what he does though, but I have always been of the opinion that he would not be able to keep real top heavyweights at bay with that style, he would have to engage like Foreman is saying...that is where he would have to find the KO first or come unstuck, and I think in some cases the latter would happen.

If you take last generation, I think he could beat maybe a Moorer, a Briggs, a Ruddock, the gatekeepers, but against the top guys like Bowe, Holyfield, Lewis...I would not like his chances.

Comment

Working...
                      X