Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not Cotto

would love to see Cotto vs Canelo

Comment

I don't think it's going to be Lara. This will be Canelo's first PPV on the U.S. market and I think they will match him with a fan friendly style of fighter. Both Williams and Kirkland fit that but it didn't fall through. It will be a pressure fighter.

Comment

Lara would be the ultimate test for canelo. A win over the cuban fighter would leave little doubt that alverez is for real.

Comment

he needs to unify...i see nothing special in lara,he looked awful in that "draw" against molina,heck i would give molina a shot instead of lara,besides lara just has an ygly style of fighting,he holds too much

Comment

I think people are overrating Lara bit here, good fighter but it's not like Canelo doesn't have a chance at all, wouldn't be surprised if they pick him, it probably makes the most sense. It's obvious they are trying to line up a challenge for Canelo, as shown with Williams and Kirkland, I think they'll go with Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
              Dumbest ****en comment I have heard in a long time. Are you saying that Paul Williams and Kirkland were not real opponents? GTFOH Those two are top 5 154... IMo only Lara is better than both at 154. Canelo should just fight LAra and prove all these haters wrong. Give the kid credit he is trying to fight the very best in his division!!!
              You must not read too well! I basically said that all three of Canelo's options are better than any of his past weak competition. Seeing as how Williams and Kirkland weren't able to fight him, I'm obviously not talking about those two now am I? Read before you speak next time!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                All my points it's not Lara.
                Lara is in , yeahhhh
                Lara by UD!
                All my points, money on Lara!

Comment

Ortiz vs canelo

Only option for sept 16

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    I think people are overrating Lara bit here, good fighter but it's not like Canelo doesn't have a chance at all, wouldn't be surprised if they pick him, it probably makes the most sense. It's obvious they are trying to line up a challenge for Canelo, as shown with Williams and Kirkland, I think they'll go with Lara.
                    HE WOULDN'T!

That is why it is a slim chance that Lara will be the opponent...I am sure they want Canelo to WIN HIS FIRST PPV BOUT! So they will try to get a BEATABLE OPPONENT! By no means is Lara unbeatable...Molina beat him...but Lara timing and counter punching ability would give Canelo some serious problems
                    Last edited by sicko; 06-02-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

if i was Oscar I would have started training as soon as hearing about williams accident. From a promoter standpoint its all about $$$$, a comeback fight at 154, old lion vs young lion. this sells more than cotto vs mayweather EASILY.

Comment

Working...
                      X