Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"real" vs. "fake" boxing fan. your thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
    They're casual fans for a reason, hopping onto bandwagons, annoying us real fans with their ignorance and biased opinions.

It's not an elitist mentality, but more so a "no-tolerance" mentality. I mean, how could someone have the patience to put up with a ******* or even try and have a real conversation about boxing with them?

I don't care about the business side of things, let the fighters and their promoters deal with that. As a fan I'm interested in whos fighting who and so forth.
    you always get fanboys, and they use ignorant namecalling to justify their stance......hmmmmm - you are not a hardcore fan

Comment

It seems elitist, I know. But I just can't stand people who talk about boxing, badmouth the sport, and call so and so bums without even following it. The worst is when you have someone truly come up to you and say, "Holyfield's fighting?! Ooooooooooh, should be good!"

I have a friend who regularly stops by whenever there's a ppv fight, but that's about it. He won't watch a fight if it doesn't involve Cotto, Pacquiao, Mayweather.

I remember I tried showing him the Angulo/Kirkland fight, and I lost him somewhere around the 3rd round when he started talking about college and other stuff.

Afterwards, he wasn't watching the fight at all. My wife knows more boxing than him, and she doesn't even follow boxing or watch the fights. God-damn...

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
        It seems elitist, I know. But I just can't stand people who talk about boxing, badmouth the sport, and call so and so bums without even following it. The worst is when you have someone truly come up to you and say, "Holyfield's fighting?! Ooooooooooh, should be good!"

I have a friend who regularly stops by whenever there's a ppv fight, but that's about it. He won't watch a fight if it doesn't involve Cotto, Pacquiao, Mayweather.

I remember I tried showing him the Angulo/Kirkland fight, and I lost him somewhere around the 3rd round when he started talking about college and other stuff.

Afterwards, he wasn't watching the fight at all. My wife knows more boxing than him, and she doesn't even follow boxing or watch the fights. God-damn...
        God damning the sport will not help it at all........someone really got uninterested in the angulo- kirkland fight, what - does he have the attention of a 1 year old?

Comment

Casual fans who ask dumb questions or say dumb shyt annoy the hell out of me.

Comment

A "real" fan follows boxing.

A "fake" fan follows a boxer/boxers.

That's my opinion

Comment

Wad up fellas, real fans watch boxing all yr long while Casual fan only watch highly promoted fight, real fans kNow the Emanuel agustus and kid gavilan of boxing while casual fan only know the mayweather's and pacman of boxing. Real fans can have an educated boxing conversation while on the other hand casual fans resort to mma when all else fails, lol ( funny but true).

Comment

if people dont see it my way there fake. if they see it my way they are real. thats what 90% of fans of all sports have the mentality of. u can put roger mayweather in a debate with a boxing historian. and if the historian does not agree with mayweather rogers gonna be like "U ain no **** about boxin" thats just the way it is

Comment

Originally posted by r3robinson View Post
                  Wad up fellas, real fans watch boxing all yr long while Casual fan only watch highly promoted fight, real fans kNow the Emanuel agustus and kid gavilan of boxing while casual fan only know the mayweather's and pacman of boxing. Real fans can have an educated boxing conversation while on the other hand casual fans resort to mma when all else fails, lol ( funny but true).
                  Actually MMA has casual fans too. Also what if a person doesn't watch every single fight but still knows a lot more than the casual fan what would that person be considered?

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
                    A "real" fan follows boxing.

A "fake" fan follows a boxer/boxers.

That's my opinion
                    Real fans love the sport.

So they would welcome any new fans, whether they only like one fighter or not.

Real fans dont dismiss the opinions of other fans regardless of there levle of knowledge.

We were all new to the sport at one time or another and most of us got into boxing because of one fighter, in my case Chris Eubank, I used to hate Nigel Benn and fans that liked him but now he is one of my favorite fighters.

Boxing needs all the fans it can get if its to return to the glory days.

Real fans know this.

Comment

Boxing fans stream fights in the net. Casual fans buy PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X