Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End game won't beat Avatar as all time highest grossing film

The faq is so special about Avatar

Avatar was the first real 3d movie.

Not the mention, it's a James Cameron movie. James Cameron is a brand of his own and his movies' premieres are huge events.

Comment

Im surprised it didn't. End game had like 8 years and like 10 movies of build up whereas avatar was just a single movie

Comment

It's really slowed down, hasn't it? (Notice that "see it before every **** tells you spoilers" worked, with all the ****s from the film pretending they cared about fans' enjoyment nad not the $$$?)

Can't it get past it on fumes, though? It's only about $180m to go, it's still in cinemas, isn't it?

(I should point out that even if it did, Avatar came out a decade ago when ticket prices were presumably cheaper... it's like Kevin McBride making an old Tyson quit)

Comment

Avatar and Titanic were #1 movie for few months there wasn't much competition for it iirc

Comment

Who's saying thats a lock?

I'm no movie boxoffice expert, but looking like they are fairly close, $2.78B vs $2.61B or $171M apart & Endgame has been out 34 days & Avatar was in theaters 34 weeks.

I know that theater numbers drop aggressively after the first few weeks, but something tells me Endgame might have some longevity & might even have some longevity outside the US, which is important in overall gross. Between China (randomly Endgame has done $600M in China) & the other big movie countries like Germany, France, Japan & Russia I don't think its necessarily a done deal that Endgame doesn't surpass Avatar.

Comment

Whatever happened to Avatar sequels? It's been in the making fo years

Comment

Ain't surprised

Comment

Lion King will drop late this year.. that'll shatter the records.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                    The faq is so special about Avatar
                    I see the cunt finally made it.. took its time.

Amazing it took ten years for this to happen, considering how dear ticket prices are now.

Comment

Working...
                    X