Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin Murray: I'll Retire if Saunders Wins, Confident I'll Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like he will be retiring.. Murray was a great title Challenger but I can't see him beating BJ Saunders he is hitting his Peak right now

Comment

At this stage in his career Martin Murray couldn't defeat Bill Murray much less Saunders.

Comment

As much as I like the Martin Murray of before, I can’t find it in him today to beat an elusive Saunders. I’ll be rooting for him but BJ won’t make it easy him.

Comment

No chance Martin. Murray is known for not being a fan of the sport and doesn't watch much boxing outside of his own fights. There's a good chance he hasn't seen Lemieux vs BJS. Time for a rude awakening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            At this stage in his career Martin Murray couldn't defeat Bill Murray much less Saunders.
            I'll never understand why people continue to underestimate Bill Murray. I mean...didn't you learn anything from "Meatballs"?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
              I'll never understand why people continue to underestimate Bill Murray. I mean...didn't you learn anything from "Meatballs"?
              He's lost his legs...like Ali. Can still take a punch, though.

Comment

Will root for Murray but hasn't been the same since the GGG fight. He has the same issue Arthur Abraham has, too reliant upon their high guard and letting their hands go although outboxers in the past had trouble with him.

Comment

I think Murray should have called out Eubank!

Comment

No surprise there. Murray's getting up there, and his efficiency has declined significantly over last few years.

It's fair to say that this may be his last world title shot.

Comment

I don't think he's saying he'll retire because he's very sure he wins...from his interviews, he seems to have one foot out of the door already but landed this gig.

He will give it a good go but i'm sure he knows it's a tough ask and probably the end of the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X