Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are fans so caught up on "trading shots"??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are fans so caught up on "trading shots"??

What gym in this world teaches boxers to sit and trade? If you go to a gym like that then you need to find a new one because they just want to use you as entertainment..

It's fun to watch. Why is this so hard to understand? It's a spectator sport and spectators like to watch fighters trade.

There are more technically proficient singers and dancers in the world yet people like watching Beyonce. Just because you are taught to do something one way, doesn't mean it will be the most appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
      What gym in this world teaches boxers to sit and trade? If you go to a gym like that then you need to find a new one because they just want to use you as entertainment..
      Because it's more entertaining..Fact.

I would say 99% of gyms teach young boxers with the same principles albeit with different methodologies, and that is to hit and not get hit.

When boxers start to improve and become successful, they move up in levels and start to settle down in a style that works for them in an amateur setting and later in a professional setting if they are lucky enough to get that far. Depending on your dimensions, strengths, and weaknesses will determine that style.

Being a back foot boxer with a defence first style is ridiculously hard to take to an elite professional level. If you don't have that style and you are aggressive, it doesn't mean you are not thinking defence, it just means you are more prone to getting hit, and sometimes that will mean pushing a more talented fighter to trade with you.

Im not sure what your point is with yet another idiotic thread.

Fans who enjoy wars and trading punches wouldn't necessarily box themselves in the same way. I'm not sure why you are trying to put people in a box like that.

For the record it's perfectly possible to have two defensive minded, and defensively sound boxers in a slugfest, it can happen when the talent level is very similar, or for various reasons. Just like when you can have two sluggers in a bit of a stalemate.

Boxing will always have a variety of styles, and unique styles, that is what makes it special. The sooner you understand this, the sooner you will learn to properly appreciate the sport. But somehow I think you prefer to be ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
        It's fun to watch. Why is this so hard to understand? It's a spectator sport and spectators like to watch fighters trade.

There are more technically proficient singers and dancers in the world yet people like watching Beyonce. Just because you are taught to do something one way, doesn't mean it will be the most appealing.
        Sure it's fun but i really don't enjoy it like I do the more technical fights.

Added to what you said, there are also fans who are affected by tough guy syndrome - never backing down, take it like a man... It's ridiculous for someone to think that way. And this is the majority of fans.

Provodnikov fit fully in the type of fighters they love to watch cuz of dat, but when he's body couldn't take it anymore, this same fans screaming "tough guy" sh/t on him without thinking twice.

Comment

Uh, boxing IS entertainment. It's a spectator sport like one of the cats before me said.

Comment

It's fun to watch 2 dudes beat the crap out of each other.

Comment

Because they play video games and/or Ricken socket robot games from my sweet 1970's .

You knocked my block off!

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                It's fun to watch 2 dudes beat the crap out of each other.
                Id drink a few beers to see a Gatti vs Irish Mickey Ward beat the **** outta each other.. The good old days..

Comment

Tell me where that big cash biggie stalls looking dude lives. I'll break you off at least 20 percent..

Comment

you never been in real gym then, cause yes they do teach you to hold your ground and trade when the times come lmfao. Only idiots who know teh sport and the art of boxing in theory will think you only train for the cutey type style lmfao.

larry YDKSAB!

Comment

Working...
                    X