No announcement yet.

Let's be 100% honest: Lomachenko will get ZERO credit for beating Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    There are many examples of small men moving up countless weight classes in recent years.

Manny Pacquiao is an 8 weight champ.
    Roman Gonzalez is a 4 weight champ.
    Leo Santa Cruz is a 3 weight champ.

Rigo is still in his 1st weight class. Inoue jumped 2 weight classes 3 years ago and destroyed a guy trying to set the mark for title defenses for that weight class. 8 pounds ain't **** for truly talented fighters.

Stop making excuses.
    I did not make any excuses.
    I posted a question.
    You answered it and well to my surprise, so thank you.
    Not too familiar with any of the 2 - returning boxing fan after 10 years.
    Isn't Rigo a lot older tho? I think this might be more of a factor.
    Even with no wear n tare as a ~130 lbs 5'5'' lady who frequents gyms, things change when the big 30 hits you =)

It's a lot harder to recover without some "help" as you stop growing by that time, and your body becomes much more susceptible to damage.

thank you

K

Comment

1 of 2 things is gonna happen. Rigo beats the hell out of him and loses by 7 points on the score cards or stops him.

Comment

There are many examples of small men moving up countless weight classes in recent years.

Rigo is still in his 1st weight class. Inoue jumped 2 weight classes 3 years ago and destroyed a guy trying to set the mark for title defenses for that weight class. 8 pounds ain't **** for truly talented fighters.

Stop making excuses.
        I agree. I remember I was a small run of the mill player. Many called me a bum. I moved up against the top guy in my league twice and beat him both times

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          I agree. I remember I was a small run of the mill player. Many called me a bum. I moved up against the top guy in my league twice and beat him both times
          I remember when the 1985 Bears lost to the Dolphins in the regular season.

Comment

Stop making excuses.
            inoue moved up because he was 21 years old and having huge trouble making weight. thats why he moved up 2 whole classes and not just 1. he wasnt looking for a challenge, he was looking to make weight without killing himself. moving up when you are 36 and your body is at its natural weight and moving up because your body is still growing are two different things yet people make this argument all the time.

Comment

I remember when the 1985 Bears lost to the Dolphins in the regular season.

I see this as two of the top 3 most skilled fighters in the world going against each other.

In fact. I cannot remember when a fight had two guys this talented as far as pure boxing abilty going against each other

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                I think Loma is in a GGG-Brook type situation. If he looks good he gets little credit because of the size advantage but If Rigo has some success then Loma will get a chit ton of criticism
                Yep and that's gonna happen too he's gonna struggle in at least a few rounds. Can't see him just going in there and destroying him from the start to the end.

Comment

I’m going to give him credit. But yeah the people that always criticize bringing a fighter up 2 weight classes will not give him credit.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    I see this as two of the top 3 most skilled fighters in the world going against each other.

In fact. I cannot remember when a fight had two guys this talented as far as pure boxing abilty going against each other
                    2015 - Mayweather-Pacquiao. But otherwise I agree. If the winner does it impressively, they'll likely become the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

Comment

Absolutely, now that Arum is keeping Mikey from Loma it just looks worse for him!

But I do expect a Rigo win!

Something is telling me, Rigo is concocting a real good ingenious gameplan!

Loma likes to move a lot and in circles at that, that doesn't work against guys with footwork,speed and who has a backfoot game which Rigo all has!

Not to mention being the smaller man he's actually the harder puncher!

Going with the upset win! Viva la Rigolution!

Comment

Working...
                      X